Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Redline Goods
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) Driveshafts | Differentials | Gears | Rearends | Clutch | Shifters

Old 08-03-2014, 03:08 AM   #1
camaro-heater
22 years of slammin gears

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
Noise??

Have a clunking noise on my 2010 M6 SS when going from neutral to 1st to take off. It sounds like its in the rear end. Nothings loose driveshaft related. Anyone? ??
Engine/Performance> Magnuson TVS2300 @ 8lbs-Hennessey CAI-SLP 1 3/4" longtube headers w/ HF cats X pipe SLP Powerflow muffler-QTP dual oval electric cutouts-ZL1 fuel pump-RX catch can-ADM race air scoop,WW relocate-Hurst short throw shifter-
Tuned by: Boost Performance 550rwhp/538tq.
Drivetrain> DSS 3.5" aluminum ds-Street Slayer Twin Carbon-IdealG master cylinder-Tick ss clutch line&speed bleeder-GFORCE 1500 Outlaw axles-JRE rear end pkg(LPE 3.70's,true trac,billet main caps)-LPW rear cover-Nitto NT05's. Suspension> Minor stuff/bushings
camaro-heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:14 AM   #2
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Is it a clunking noise I'm having problem what I believe to be my rear as well
Old 08-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #3
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: None
Hard to tell without audio of it. But, if you do some google searches, you will find lots and lots of talk about driveline and tranny noise. I suspect you are hearing "normal" Camaro noise.

But, again, no one will be able to say for sure without an audio file or a better description.
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #4
camaro-heater

Only happens when going from neutral to any gear. Sitting still. Like a clunk/jolt to the gears. But nothings loose. Have one piece DSS driveshaft and just had rear end built. Is it the ring and pinion?
Engine/Performance> Magnuson TVS2300 @ 8lbs-Hennessey CAI-SLP 1 3/4" longtube headers w/ HF cats X pipe SLP Powerflow muffler-QTP dual oval electric cutouts-ZL1 fuel pump-RX catch can-ADM race air scoop,WW relocate-Hurst short throw shifter-
Drivetrain> DSS 3.5" aluminum ds-Street Slayer Twin Carbon-IdealG master cylinder-Tick ss clutch line&speed bleeder-GFORCE 1500 Outlaw axles-JRE rear end pkg(LPE 3.70's,true trac,billet main caps)-LPW rear cover-Nitto NT05's. Suspension> Minor stuff/bushings
Old 08-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #5
camaro-heater

Old 08-04-2014, 04:03 AM   #6
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: None
I didn't pay attention that your car wasn't stock. Sorry, but out of my experience now. I recommend letting a performance shop diagnose it. They will have experience with the the driveshaft and rear end to know what is "normal."
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #7
Driveshaftshop

Drives: own more cars than i can list
have you checked all the mounting bolts on the the diff and the shaft
If you want to see some of our latest Hi-Tech stuff click the picture below....
Driveshaftshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #8
camaro-heater

Yep and torqued them to specs. Can there be play in the u joints of the DSS one piece?
Old 08-04-2014, 08:40 PM   #9
Driveshaftshop

Drives: own more cars than i can list
if there was enough play for a noise you would hear it all the time, kinda doubt that could be it. have you grabbed the pinion and one of the axles to see if there is play in the pinion
If you want to see some of our latest Hi-Tech stuff click the picture below....
Driveshaftshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #10
camaro-heater

That's true. Yea there is a little play but not much. Did the rear gears and true trac, setup backlash to .007". I think it's the true trac, made a few phone calls and everyone I've talked to about it says it's normal with the true trac having play in it and kinda loose like that. Haven't talked to anyone else that has the true trac.?