Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Just place an order on meguiars direct.

Just ordered a gallon of Meguiars Final Touch plus two microfiber wash mits

and a gallon of wheel brightener

oh and all for 50 bucks shipped.

Has anyone Used these products and have any idea how well they work?

THANKS
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Final touch is just okay to me. I like the ultimate version better. As to the wheel brightener, don't use it too much. It is a very harsh chemical. Dilute it 4:1 with water 4 parts water 1 part wheel cleaner, and make sure you wear gloves and a respirator. It is very acidic. It will clean almost anything though lol. Great for those hard to get off spots.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
wow thats good to know didnt think it was that powerful.

Do you recomend any other cleaning supplies that are in bulk and not too expensive for a fellow student?

I dont have too much money to spend on detailing unfortunatley and everything seems super expensive to me.
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Certainly. Let me know what you need and I'm more than willing to help out anyone including fellow students.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
OBSSEST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Black
I have used a couple of gallons of Final Touch. It seems much "thinner" and doesn't have nearly the same quality of gloss as Adam's Detail Spray. Personally, I use it more like a waterless wash on my older cars and it works great for quick cleanup on the boat.

If you use detail spray as a drying agent, you will probably much prefer the Meguiars synthetic Xpress spray wax( this is what the call the gallon size. The slightly different scented over the counter version is called Ultimate Quick Wax). It gives a gloss quality almost as nice as Adam's DS but I find it superior at times because it actually provides water beading that doesn't quickly wash off. You'll notice a big difference on your glass when it rains, almost acts like RainX.

I alternate between using Adams DS mostly in the dry months and Meg's Xpress spray wax (Ultimate Quick Wax) in the winter/wet months. Final Touch is not in the same league.
OBSSEST is offline   Reply With Quote