Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Atmosphere controls

Ok, I did a search... and all I received was AC out threads.
Well, that's not my problem. I started the car this morning and put the controls on defrost and hot for the windshield. Well, all it will do is blow cold air on the defrost setting. It won't change to any other setting, nor will it change to warm air.
Any ideas before I take it to the dealership?
Old 05-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
caligrown562

Drives: 2012 1SS
defrost automatically turns on the a/c
caligrown562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL1CK View Post
Ok, I did a search... and all I received was AC out threads.
Well, that's not my problem. I started the car this morning and put the controls on defrost and hot for the windshield. Well, all it will do is blow cold air on the defrost setting. It won't change to any other setting, nor will it change to warm air.
Any ideas before I take it to the dealership?

Hello! I agree with caligrown562. On page 8-2 in your owner's manual it states:

Air Conditioning
Press to turn the air conditioning on or off. An indicator light turns on. If the fan is turned off or the outside temperature falls below freezing, the air conditioning will not work. The air conditioning might automatically come on when defrost is selected.

If this does not solve the issue or concern you are having the best thing is to take it to the dealership. I hope this information was helpful.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
you can select warm air to blow on defrost setting. Cold air will not clear a windshield of the fog.

Also, every time I've used the defrost since I bought the car in Oct 2010 it's blown hot air on defrost if I put it on hot... now no matter what setting, defrost or not it doesn't change... it stays on defrost and stays on cold air.

Laymens terms... no matter how I turn the knobs, (vent, footwell, both- warm/cold) it stays on defrost and cold air

"the compressor automatically comes on when you switch on the defrost. The air passes over the evaporator first to dry it, then over the heater core to heat it." Therefore WARM AIR should come out when warm is selected and defrost is on... but I don't get WARM air...

Last edited by FL1CK; 05-25-2012 at 04:24 PM.
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote