Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-27-2012, 04:23 AM   #15
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Looking good brotha!
Old 05-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #16
daxavier

Drives: 2012 AGM 1SS
Here's a couple shots of the washer reservoir installed.
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #17
daxavier

I did the Dynamat in the trunk area. I bought the trunk kit, 20 sqft. It wasn't enough to coat everything, but it was enough to get the job done. A very noticeable difference just shutting the trunk lid.
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2012, 02:11 AM   #18
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Looks great so far man, keep it updated!
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake | Pfadt Suspension | DSS 1000hp axles | MT 305/35/20 DRs |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 686rwhp/590rwtq (mustang dyno)

Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #19
daxavier

Got a chance to get some more work done on the stereo project. Got the passenger door done. It was pretty complicated fabbing up brackets and basically jamming my tweeter into the OE pod. Didn't take any pictures due to frustration. I am working on the driver door now and will post pics as they come. Probably the biggest time saver on this door will be bypassing the main grommet for running the wires into the car. There is a second small grommet beneath the main one. Unfortunately the wires aren't in the loom, but I can always go back and add my own little wire wrap to clean it up a bit. I also did Dynamat on both doors. There is a huge difference just in the sound of the door closing.
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #20
daxavier

I got some Scosche door speaker adapters, but they put too much of the speaker into the door cavity. I would have lost a lot of the sound, so I heavily modified the stock speaker pod to make it fit. Same with the tweeters. The tape holding it in there was just to center it while I mashed it in there. It is actually really solid. Cutting into the door molding is terrifying. I had to widen the spot to allow the excess to fit into the door. Once everything is done and I'm sure everything is working I will tighten things up with a little quick tight to finish off the mod.
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #21
daxavier

Finished the driver's door today. First I had to do the scariest part- cutting into the door trim. I used a serrated knife and a box cutter. There isn't a lot of material there and it is really soft. So I went in segments till the tweeter fit. Then I started snaking wires. The main connector has extra space after you remover the unneccesary orange lock. I make sure you don't cross your wires through the connector or it won't latch. Then I snaked it all through the extra grommet and threw a zip tie on there. As I said before, I can always go back and add my own wire hider to clean it up. Until I get everything hooked up and test it, I'll leave it as is.
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #22
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Looking great! Love the fact that you are getting after it so quickly!

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #23
daxavier

I bought a whole bunch of projects at once, and am away from my time stealer (house projects). It's coming along pretty well. I'm going to have to wait a little while to get into the dash board but I have most of the prep work done so it shouldn't be too rough.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #24
daxavier

here is a sound clip of my horn for anyone who's interested.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #25
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
sounds nasty and loud ,i could use one of those to make other racers move out of my way when i floor it.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #26
daxavier

Got my Audio Integrations box in with a 10" Alpine Type R. The install was more difficult than anticipated. The post that holds the box to the passenger side wall was really short. I adjusted the threaded rod until there were only 3 threads in there and still couldn't get enough length in the box to use the rubber grommet. I took the padding off the back of the wall carpet and still just barely got the nut on there with the lock washer. There is a lot of polyfill. I only ended up using about two hand fulls around the edges. I ran the wire up to the back deck where I am going to be installing my amp upside down.
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #27
daxavier

Got my Infinity Kappa 6x9s installed. Talk about a PITA. On the upshot removing the entire rear of the interior will make the rest of the install easier.
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #28
daxavier

I installed my backup cam. I ran the wires through the plastic plate above the license plate. Assuming my research is correct, the tail lamp wire loom light green wire is the reverse light positive. Between that and a ground I stole from the trunk hinge, It should bring the camera on when the reverse lights are engaged. Won't know if it works until I finish everything. It was a pretty straight forward install otherwise.
Attached Images