Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

USA - Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

Old 05-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
MrsLT1PWRD
Camaro Focus Group Member

Drives: #1 13 HWSE, 95Z, 06 HHR, & 03 Ion
Cool CAMARO VS MUSTANG SHOWDOWN - 6/20/09 Hartville OH

Just wanted to invite all Camaros to the 2nd Annual Camaro vs Mustang Showdown.

Co-hosted by the NorthEastern Ohio Camaro Club (NEOCC) and the (MVM) Mahoning Valley Mustangs, this event will be held from 10am-3pm on Saturday, June 20 at Hartville Market Place in Hartville, OH. (1289 Edison Street NW)

100% of the profits will be donated to the Aluminum Cans for Burn Children (ACBC) Program through Akron Children's Hospital.

There is a $5 donation per car entry and each car will be given a number upon arrival. People (participants and spectators alike) will cast a vote for the car(s) they like best by giving $1 per vote. The top (3) cars will win trophies. The NEOCC will pick the best Mustang and the MVM will pick the best Camaro. Additional awards will be picked by the ACBC members. There will also be music, food, door prizes, 50/50, Chinese Auction and lots of fun for all!

We hope you'll mark June 20 on your calendars to help the NEOCC defend the honor of our favorite car and raise some money for a VERY worthy cause!!
MrsLT1PWRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
If, and most likely will, I have my Camaro by then I will come down and hang out. I won't enter, but will be there....maybe I will enter just to donate the money, or just donate without entry
Old 05-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #3
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
This is very cool wish I was in the area
Old 05-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #4
MrsLT1PWRD

TLS - hope to see you there one way or the other! Make sure you say if you make it.

Arc - that would be quite a distance to cruise for this one...but if you get the chance...
Old 05-13-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
ArcAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLT1PWRD View Post
TLS - hope to see you there one way or the other! Make sure you say if you make it.

Arc - that would be quite a distance to cruise for this one...but if you get the chance...
Hey man I definitely would!! I dont mind the drive
Old 05-13-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
MrsLT1PWRD

Gee....I wonder if we could come up with a "longest distance award" then!
Old 05-13-2009, 10:51 PM   #7
MrsLT1PWRD

You could plan on coming to the Big F-Body Show at Summit Racing in September.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:51 PM   #8
ArcAngel

Quote:
Gee....I wonder if we could come up with a "longest distance award" then!
If I have my GT by then I will def try and make it stay out there for a 3 or 4 day weekend
Old 05-13-2009, 11:03 PM   #9
MrsLT1PWRD

We'll set you up with all kinds of things in this area to see and do!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #10
ArcAngel

Quote:
We'll set you up with all kinds of things in this area to see and do!
Awesome I will definitely let you know
Old 05-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #11
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Sounds cool wish i could pass by with my ol' beater..

fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #12
ItIsWhatItIs

Drives: #5 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Just wanted to invite all Camaros to the 2nd Annual Camaro vs Mustang Showdown.

Co-hosted by the NorthEastern Ohio Camaro Club (NEOCC) and the (MVM) Mahoning Valley Mustangs, this event will be held from 10am-3pm on Saturday, June 20 at Hartville Market Place in Hartville, OH. (1289 Edison Street NW)

100% of the profits will be donated to the Aluminum Cans for Burn Children (ACBC) Program through Akron Children's Hospital.

There is a $5 donation per car entry and each car will be given a number upon arrival. People (participants and spectators alike) will cast a vote for the car(s) they like best by giving $1 per vote. The top (3) cars will win trophies. The NEOCC will pick the best Mustang and the MVM will pick the best Camaro. Additional awards will be picked by the ACBC members. There will also be music, food, door prizes, 50/50, Chinese Auction and lots of fun for all!

We hope you'll mark June 20 on your calendars to help the NEOCC defend the honor of our favorite car and raise some money for a VERY worthy cause!!
Attended this show last year when I believe it was held in Austintown and had a great time and looking forward to attending again. For those that do not know about The Hartville MarketPlace....they normally have a Saturday attendance between 10 and 15 thousand people...there will be a lot of spectators for this event and it helps out a great cause
ItIsWhatItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:25 PM   #13
MrsLT1PWRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
Attended this show last year when I believe it was held in Austintown and had a great time and looking forward to attending again. For those that do not know about The Hartville MarketPlace....they normally have a Saturday attendance between 10 and 15 thousand people...there will be a lot of spectators for this event and it helps out a great cause
Glad to hear you're planning to attend this year, too! You're right, it was in Austintown last year, but we've made the agreement to trade off the location every year. Sometimes closer to their home "turf" (like last year) and then closer to ours (like this year). We'll do the same thing with the charities as well. Last year we had about 243 cars combined. The Stangs beat us by about 10 cars, but the Camaros took home the trophies! Either way you look at it, the Make-A-Wish program ('08 charity) was the real winner - donations were in the $2k range I think. All in all, not bad for a first year show!

As for the cause this year - ACBC is a great program! The NEOCC has been involved with them for several years now and there's never a dry eye when the proceeds from anything we do for them are given to them! NO amount of money - or aluminum cans - donated is ever too small! Hartville Market Place has food and shopping (inside as well as an outdoor flea-market for which they are well known) and are happy to have this show there!

Last edited by MrsLT1PWRD; 05-14-2009 at 10:10 PM.