Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Who's got the door dimples?

I've noticed on a few Camaros, that they have what I call "dealer installed door dimples". Basically the hard line that goes across the middle of the door gets a ding in it. I'd have to assume since the end of our door is pointy that when they are on the lot, dealers/customers open the door the whole way and dimple the car next to them right on that line. Mine has it.

I suppose these can be installed aftermarket also from any non neighboring non Camaro as well.

I'll get a pic shortly. I think they are good for about 10hp though.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
nukemustang

Drives: 2011 SIM 1SS/RS Vert, 14 Raptor
I am tempted to do this: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ferrerid=22939 to prevent it, but.... not sure how it would look. A benefit is that I could always peel it off later, which may be easier than getting PDR done.
2011 Silver Ice Metallic 1SS/RS+ Convertible. Completed modifications so far: installed factory HUD, deleted AFM/DOD, Dynatech LT coated headers with high flow cats, Solo Cat back exhaust, CAI inc. intake, Vmax ported TB, SIM quarter flares/splash guards, steering wheel radio controls, PDIM iPod interface in center console, RX catch can, JRE cold air scoop, windshield washer bottle relocation. In Progress: saving for the next mod . Future possible mods: back up cam, and new style SLP TVS 2300 supercharger
nukemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
hmm, never seen that. Looks like the ones from the corvettes. Can't say I like it, but its not too bad.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #4
RJNavarrete
kingjeezy™

Drives: 2011 SS/RS in Cyber Grey
Yup, I got one on my passenger side. Hurts so much to see it.

RJNavarrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
mouserinc

Drives: 2012 1LS
Mine had one on the passenger side when I bought it but my dealer had his body guy take it out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
mouserinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #6
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
They knew better when I got mine it was part of the first delivery the dealer took in, all preordered.

Those cars didn't get to sit outside in the public lot, and people were still finding them and trying to buy them.
two_wheel_mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
nukemustang

Drives: 2011 SIM 1SS/RS Vert, 14 Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
hmm, never seen that. Looks like the ones from the corvettes. Can't say I like it, but its not too bad.
That's the way i am too on the fence. Looks like it "could" belong, but I like the lines of the car now. I found another post with chrome down the sides and it was not good looking at all, looked like something from 1957. With it being painted it isn't half bad.
2011 Silver Ice Metallic 1SS/RS+ Convertible. Completed modifications so far: installed factory HUD, deleted AFM/DOD, Dynatech LT coated headers with high flow cats, Solo Cat back exhaust, CAI inc. intake, Vmax ported TB, SIM quarter flares/splash guards, steering wheel radio controls, PDIM iPod interface in center console, RX catch can, JRE cold air scoop, windshield washer bottle relocation. In Progress: saving for the next mod . Future possible mods: back up cam, and new style SLP TVS 2300 supercharger
nukemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #8
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukemustang View Post
I am tempted to do this: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ferrerid=22939 to prevent it, but.... not sure how it would look. A benefit is that I could always peel it off later, which may be easier than getting PDR done.
I hate door moldings. I pulled that stuff of my TA as soon as I saw a picture of one without it and realized I could tear it off.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #9
Blake_GM

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS in IBM
Yeah, I have it on the passenger side. Only real "mark/ding" I have. Will be taking to a PDR guy once I can trust a good one.
Blake_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #10
STYLE66
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
i have it and love it. just get the color of your car, and it will blend it. so people like it and somw dont. thats ok with me as long as i like it thats all that matters. dare to be diffrent.
STYLE66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:05 AM   #11
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukemustang View Post
This link set off google chromes malware detection :S so i didnt go to it
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:26 AM   #12
1954 Belair-man

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM 1SS M6
I suppose that the painted moulding idea is like the splash guard argument, some feel its alright because it protects there car from damage while others think it just don't look right on a muscle car and won't put either on. I say if it works for you and it makes you sleep better at nite, why not!
1954 Belair-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:37 AM   #13
AintQik

Drives: 67 Pro-Tourer, 12 SS
I got one... the die grinder in my shop blew off the air hose and the hose whipped around like an angry snake. The visual: I'm standing there in disbelief, the thing is singing around nearly knocking me out, I'm trying to catch it and "wham" right into the door. You have got to be effing kidding me. Never had that happen in 25 years of working on cars. Had to happen when my Camaro was in there... at least it didn't hit the 67.
AintQik is offline   Reply With Quote