Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #1
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Optimal settings for factory radio?

Looking for some tips on what some good settings are for the factory radio ie. bass, trebbile etc. I like bass in my music but I don't like it to muffle the music either. What do some of you guys use that you're happy with?
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
ajp
Imperial Blue Steel

Drives: Camaro 2010 2SS/RS
Best thing I did was turn off the mid-range. Those mid-speakers are horrible.
ajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
Out4it
Banned

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
Best thing I did was turn off the mid-range. Those mid-speakers are horrible.
I have my mids at zero. The mids in these speakers are actually quite good. I have the BA system. Don't forget its the recordings as well. Some sound like crap no matter what kind of system they are on. Varaibles like how it was recorded in the studio,as well as how the song was ripped,etc all come into play. If your judging it on the radio,well,not a good place to start judging the sound. I have a friend who is a professional musician for 20+ years and the fisrt thing he noticed about the sound system was how the mids sounded. Again,alot to do with the source.
Out4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
SS Drifter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
I found that it sounded best when powered off. If you can't or don't want to upgrade right now a good start is disconnecting the center channel speaker on the dash. It gives everything kind of a muddy sound and serves no useful purpose for stereo.
SS Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #5
Out4it
Banned

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Drifter View Post
I found that it sounded best when powered off. If you can't or don't want to upgrade right now a good start is disconnecting the center channel speaker on the dash. It gives everything kind of a muddy sound and serves no useful purpose for stereo.
LOL. to each their own I guess. Sure its not going to win any contests,its a factory stereo. Are there better? no doubt. I don't live in my car so it suits me just fine. Now my home stereo is a different animal. I have over 10k in that. But if you want it real loud and want to be heard for blocks,then the factory stereo isn't for you. Then again,I have mp3's that sound like crap and others that sound very good. And from hearing thousand + dollar car systems,the crap mp3's still sound like crap[,only worse. Very subjective. My advice is just find people with better systems and listen to them. See if its what you want for the price you want.
Out4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #6
DeAdMiKe187

Drives: Black 2012 2LT
As of now, I've left the volume settings alone, other than increasing the rear speakers by 5. Because we have a center speaker, I put the rear speakers up a bit to balance that out. It sounds great.
DeAdMiKe187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #7
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I have mine:

Treble 8
Mid range 5
Bass 7

I tried removing power to the center speaker but I didn't like the sound at all. I think having the center speaker gives better sound depth, but that's just my opinion.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:27 AM   #8
The Sandman
Flying Low & Raining 3's

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Ann. Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Out4it View Post
LOL. to each their own I guess. Sure its not going to win any contests,its a factory stereo. Are there better? no doubt. I don't live in my car so it suits me just fine. Now my home stereo is a different animal. I have over 10k in that. But if you want it real loud and want to be heard for blocks,then the factory stereo isn't for you. Then again,I have mp3's that sound like crap and others that sound very good. And from hearing thousand + dollar car systems,the crap mp3's still sound like crap[,only worse. Very subjective. My advice is just find people with better systems and listen to them. See if its what you want for the price you want.
Another home stereo audiophile here. Martin Logan owner for years and around that same 10K mark. I usually watch movies alone so I can rattle the walls without the Better Half complaining.

Probably just me, but while I enjoy my tunes loud, I find myself turning the stereo down just to hear this machine roar.

Have my settings at:

Treble: 1
Mid: 4
Bass: 10
Throwing a +1 to the right side and a +2-3 to the rear.
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:07 AM   #9
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
10/0/8
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote