Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
AintQik
 
Drives: 67 Pro-Tourer, 12 SS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 249
DIC went out (or on)?

2012...The screen between the speedo and tach, we used to call them the Drivers Information Center, just went out on me. It was very hot, with the windows up. Got in car and it lit up in a solid block about 80% lit, the other 20% just blank. Stayed that way and would not go away. Few days later its back to normal. I'm thinking 80 degree ambient temps shoudl not cause this. I probably need to find time for them to replace it. Anyone else have this?
AintQik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQik View Post
2012...The screen between the speedo and tach, we used to call them the Drivers Information Center, just went out on me. It was very hot, with the windows up. Got in car and it lit up in a solid block about 80% lit, the other 20% just blank. Stayed that way and would not go away. Few days later its back to normal. I'm thinking 80 degree ambient temps shoudl not cause this. I probably need to find time for them to replace it. Anyone else have this?

I can certainly understand your frustration with this concern. Have you taken it to the dealership for diagnosis? This would probably be the best thing to do in your case. You may even still have a warranty. I can check for warranty information if you PM me your VIN. If you have any other questions, I will be happy to address them.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
AintQik
 
Drives: 67 Pro-Tourer, 12 SS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 249
Its brand new and of course under warranty. Unfortunately I'm in the military and working out of Washington DC so my "dealer" is not here. I could take it to some local dealer but trust me when I say I do not have time to take a car in. I was asking if this is a common issue and if I should be concerned about it failing completely, especially after the warranty is out.

If you truly want to help, please find out if this is common, find out what the fix is, and find out if a local dealer can replace this for me without hassle.

To be fair, I already know the answers to these questions as this is not my first Chevy and I've been in the military for 18 years. I've delat with Cust Svc plenty of times for issues such as this and the rep has been helpful. Brandon, you jump on a lot of threads, so if you really want to help see if you can do a little research and find me a place that will take a look at it. Unfortunately it is working now, so I will probably get the "I am an idiot" treatment. However, I would like this documented so when GM refuses to replace something that is now working, they will see that when it hard fails, inevitably right after warranty, they can see it was giving me issues with only 10k miles on it.
AintQik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQik View Post
Its brand new and of course under warranty. Unfortunately I'm in the military and working out of Washington DC so my "dealer" is not here. I could take it to some local dealer but trust me when I say I do not have time to take a car in. I was asking if this is a common issue and if I should be concerned about it failing completely, especially after the warranty is out.

If you truly want to help, please find out if this is common, find out what the fix is, and find out if a local dealer can replace this for me without hassle.

To be fair, I already know the answers to these questions as this is not my first Chevy and I've been in the military for 18 years. I've delat with Cust Svc plenty of times for issues such as this and the rep has been helpful. Brandon, you jump on a lot of threads, so if you really want to help see if you can do a little research and find me a place that will take a look at it. Unfortunately it is working now, so I will probably get the "I am an idiot" treatment. However, I would like this documented so when GM refuses to replace something that is now working, they will see that when it hard fails, inevitably right after warranty, they can see it was giving me issues with only 10k miles on it.
I can certainly understand that you have a limited amount of time to get an issue looked at, at a dealership. If you could please send me your VIN, mileage, first and last name, address, phone number to contact you, and the zip code you are currently in, I will be more than happy to try and locate a GM Certified dealership to take a look at your vehicle. Please let me know when the best date will work for you and time. I look forward to your PM.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.