Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
SS 376

Drives: IBM 1SS
Dealership Closure List? Do we have one yet?

Weren't dealer closings supposed to be announced today? Do we have one for GM yet? I know Chrysler is announcing.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
KIMBERSSGIRL1
2010 RS/SS Camaro Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can-Am View Post
Weren't dealer closings supposed to be announced today? Do we have one for GM yet? I know Chrysler is announcing.
It was on the news today on TV for Chrysler. 6 in our State so far but were really small dealerships.

Tomorrow they mentioned will be GM's list or partial list of dealers to close or at least to lose there licence to sell GM brands.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
It is being reported that GM will just not renew the Franchise agreement with the dealers that they want to get rid of. On Friday they will send out a "warning letter" to the under performing dealerships. The Franchise renewals dont go into effect until Oct 1st.

Source : Toledoblade

Last edited by live2well; 05-14-2009 at 12:49 PM.
live2well is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
kylepo

Drives: 2002 firehawk.....missing 02CE
yup tomorrow 1000 dealers will be told we will not be renewing your sales and service agreement, it was nice knowing you.
kylepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #5
Lee9710

Drives: 2013 Summit White ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lee9710
Hopefully mine will be ok...........he is the #1 Corvette dealer in his region. Crossing my fingers........he did get his V6 show car at the end of April and all of his allotments are almost filled with me being last at number 8 so we shall see I guess.
Lee9710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:06 PM   #6
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
Mine has already shut down. :( There are 5 (was 6) chevy dealers with in a 50 mile radius of me. Im looking for at least 2 of the remaining to be closed
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
Lee9710

Drives: 2013 Summit White ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lee9710
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam2fst4u View Post
Mine has already shut down. :( There are 5 (was 6) chevy dealers with in a 50 mile radius of me. Im looking for at least 2 of the remaining to be closed
Man I'm sorry........maybe look out of your state for someone with allocation left. I found one last week and took it. All hope is not yet lost. Hang in there. I put my order in at a dealer in Sterling, Va. Will have to go get it but it will be a hell of a great ride home.
Lee9710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #8
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee9710 View Post
Man I'm sorry........maybe look out of your state for someone with allocation left. I found one last week and took it. All hope is not yet lost. Hang in there. I put my order in at a dealer in Sterling, Va. Will have to go get it but it will be a hell of a great ride home.
it wouldn't matter if they had 100 allocations available i wouldn't be able to now any way. waiting for the economy to pick back up.
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #9
Splitter
UM 170

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6/NPP
Send a message via AIM to Splitter Send a message via MSN to Splitter Send a message via Yahoo to Splitter
Tomorrow.

Some Chevy dealers are on here though:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22752

1) 1995 Red Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition (Eddie Badges +5RWHP) - Sold!
2) 2005 Silver Dodge Magnum R/T RWD (Magnaflow Catback, Airaid CAI, TBS, PD'd wheels, front & rear fascia) - Traded In!
3) 2014 RRM Chevrolet Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP - Cruisin!
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #10
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
I am worried about my small town dealership.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
kylepo

Drives: 2002 firehawk.....missing 02CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
I have a spread sheet of plant closings. It is beyond GM. Pretty scary when you look at it. It is going to ripple our economy or what is left of it. Sorry I will not post it here. I sent it to a mod and he through another mod. It was decided that it would cause more uproar and panic attack than anything.(look at any little issue with our Camaro's as proof of that) Lets just say that all manufacturers are experiencing the current economy. Lets do our part and get Camaro's on the road for potential buyers to see!
Plant closings or store closings?
kylepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #12
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
I was told by one dealer the Chevy and Cadillac was safe. Buit it was Buick, Pontiac, Saab, and Hummer dealers that were getting shut down. But this is just what I heard. I really just hope that this is accurate information.
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #13
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam2fst4u View Post
Yeah we have the same thing up here... some 11 within 50 miles... I think the ad is "Visit on of your 22 local GM/Chevy Dealers in the Puget Sound area"

22...0.o
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #14
MustangSlayer10

Drives: Richland Chevy
Sure hope one that gets the ax is the chevy deasrship in Vallejo, CA. It turns my stomach that it's also a mazda and hundai dealership. This shouldn't be allowed. Plus they have a black 1lt camaro marked up ten grand and all of their cars are caked in dirt.
MustangSlayer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:01 PM   #15
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richochet83 View Post
I was told by one dealer the Chevy and Cadillac was safe. Buit it was Buick, Pontiac, Saab, and Hummer dealers that were getting shut down. But this is just what I heard. I really just hope that this is accurate information.

It isn't...

There are more than 500 U.S. GM Dealerships that sell fewer than 50 NEW Vehicles per year... WHY are they still around?

The list will include members of ALL GM Brands...and ALL Markets/Zones...

If a Chev Store has an intial allocation of Camaros, and NONE are moving "in system"...GOODBYE...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #16
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Look out big city dealers, D-DAY is here.

The other 2,000 dealers to be cut will be in major metropolitan and suburban areas. GM's own turnaround plans say "dealership overcapacity is most prevalent" in those markets.

The expectation is that the surviving dealerships will become larger and more profitable as a result of the thinning out, which in turn will allow them to spend more on advertising and facilities. But GM also acknowledges that its long-term decline in U.S. market share will continue as a result of the smaller network of dealers.

Typically it is an expensive proposition to buy out dealers. GM spent about $1 billion dropping Oldsmobile at the start of the decade, mostly in payments to 2,800 dealers and the repurchase of their inventory of vehicles and parts.

The company believes that the threat of bankruptcy, plus the difficult financial condition that has led to hundreds of dealership closings in the past year, will allow a far less expensive cutting of the dealership network this time.

GM's 2,700 rural dealership locations are relatively safe, even if they have lower sales volumes than some of the dealerships that will be cut. GM's turnaround plans released in February anticipated few cuts in the rural dealers in the near term.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #17
wullger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Plant. temporary and permanent. My brother works as a supplier and he got it sent to him. All I can say is buy buy buy. shiite for brains bin laden is winning at the moment in my opinion. No political responses please just my opinion.
You're baiting political responses with your wording :P
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:11 PM   #18
Vole182

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT KonaB,GlsRf,TP
My question is if the dealership goes under what happens to the deposits and cars we ordered?
Vole182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #19
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Look out big city dealers, D-DAY is here.

The other 2,000 dealers to be cut will be in major metropolitan and suburban areas. GM's own turnaround plans say "dealership overcapacity is most prevalent" in those markets.

The expectation is that the surviving dealerships will become larger and more profitable as a result of the thinning out, which in turn will allow them to spend more on advertising and facilities. But GM also acknowledges that its long-term decline in U.S. market share will continue as a result of the smaller network of dealers.

Typically it is an expensive proposition to buy out dealers. GM spent about $1 billion dropping Oldsmobile at the start of the decade, mostly in payments to 2,800 dealers and the repurchase of their inventory of vehicles and parts.

The company believes that the threat of bankruptcy, plus the difficult financial condition that has led to hundreds of dealership closings in the past year, will allow a far less expensive cutting of the dealership network this time.

GM's 2,700 rural dealership locations are relatively safe, even if they have lower sales volumes than some of the dealerships that will be cut. GM's turnaround plans released in February anticipated few cuts in the rural dealers in the near term.

Hey Scotty I just herd on the news that the dealerships that will be shutting down that GM will not buy their left over cars/trucks. Will the other dealers that are staying open buy some of the inventory ?
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #20
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Plant. temporary and permanent. My brother works as a supplier and he got it sent to him. All I can say is buy buy buy. shiite for brains bin laden is winning at the moment in my opinion. No political responses please just my opinion.
How does GM's failures have ANYTHING to do with Bin Laden? I know he's a fun scapegoat but come on.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:31 PM   #21
Sinergy

Drives: em crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
You're baiting political responses with your wording :P
That's the least of his baiting...
Sinergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:34 PM   #22
orange_5thgen

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS BadAss 6 Speed
Quote:
I have a spread sheet of plant closings. It is beyond GM. Pretty scary when you look at it. It is going to ripple our economy or what is left of it. Sorry I will not post it here. I sent it to a mod and he through another mod. It was decided that it would cause more uproar and panic attack than anything.(look at any little issue with our Camaro's as proof of that) Lets just say that all manufacturers are experiencing the current economy. Lets do our part and get Camaro's on the road for potential buyers to see!

I would love to do my part, but I kinda need to get my car first. GM get me my car and I will drive it around and tell people how much I like it and how they will love it etc.... I've said many times that getting the cars to all that have ordered and then letting us drive them around will be some of the best free advertising GM can get.
orange_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #23
orange_5thgen

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS BadAss 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vole182 View Post
My question is if the dealership goes under what happens to the deposits and cars we ordered?
I second that. What will happen?
orange_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #24
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5 & C6
So...are the pre-order/allocation deposits customers have put down, gone/down the tubes? Or is it a GM recognition that our orders will be sent to nearby 'active' dealers for processing.. I'm getting confused..must turn away from the dark(blue oval) side. Cuz
if I don't get a Camaro, I'm keeping my Civic(I'll put hockey stripes on it, damnit!)..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #25
CharlieNubz
Nubz SS/RS

Drives: NADINE 2010 SS/RS 24551
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange_5thgen View Post
I second that. What will happen?
same question???

Keeping the American Revolution Alive...:flag1:
CharlieNubz is offline   Reply With Quote