Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
SteveFrench

Drives: Synergy green 3.6L v6
6x9 and trigger issues with subs

So I put in 2 10" JL w3s last night and ive run into a few issues. One being the 6x9s the pressure from the subs are making them bottem out. Also what did people use as their trigger? I have a switch I had to throw in there cause I couldn't figure it out. Read that the orange wire on the factory amp was the trigger but that wasn't working for me. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
SteveFrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2014 Cruze 1LT/RS
You need to use the White wire not orange. White is "Remote Enable" which translates to remote wire for us

Depending on your amp, you may get a turn-off pop/click/thump, in which case you'll need to check out this thread. Hope that helps.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Visual Mods * Black Phantom Grille Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace
Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Pioneer DEX-P99RS * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
SteveFrench

Drives: Synergy green 3.6L v6
Okay thanks! heres hoping i don't get any p/c/t. also what should i do about the 6x9s in the back being overwhelmed by the sub? is there anything i can do?
SteveFrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #4
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2014 Cruze 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFrench View Post
Okay thanks! heres hoping i don't get any p/c/t. also what should i do about the 6x9s in the back being overwhelmed by the sub? is there anything i can do?
I'd bet that it's not your subs causing the issue with the 6x9's. You'd have to move a lot of air to overwhelm the trunk vents and all of the holes between the cabin and trunk.

To find the real issue, you could try this:

1. Turn up your stereo until you hear the problem - make a note of the volume level number (like 20 or whatever).

2. Disconnect your subs. I don't know your level of knowledge, but the easiest way to do this would be just disconnect the RCA's from the sub amp.

3. Turn your radio back on and back up to the volume level you noted earlier. The 6x9's will probably be making the same racket.

Let me know how your search turns out and we can go from there.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Visual Mods * Black Phantom Grille Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace
Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Pioneer DEX-P99RS * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote