Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
pocketcthulhu

Drives: 2014 2ss/RS 5th gen Camaro #2
trouble getting aux usb jack to work.

So I have been able to sync my android up to both bluetooth and the aux 3.5 jack and can play music this way but I have been pondering how in the I am supposed to use the usb jack... I mistakenly thought i could just dump 20+gigs on a flash drive and plug it in but of course no luck.

thoughts?
Old 06-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
Calikenn

Drives: 2012 Corvette GS
I'm having similar problems...not sure if the same though. My USB reads the stick intermittently. I dumped about 13 gbs on it and when it doesn't read it, I get a "no supported data found. You can safely disconnect the device" message. I leave my car and return in about 30 minutes and the USB mode reappears and everything is fine again. Then, I remove then put back the stick, and the message appears again.

I've checked my software version and it is at the recommended DB/DB for 2012 MY. Could be that 2500 songs are too many? Although I've read other people with that much and more, and it works fine!
Calikenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
The Sandman
Flying Low & Raining 3's

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Ann. Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikenn View Post
I'm having similar problems...not sure if the same though. My USB reads the stick intermittently. I dumped about 13 gbs on it and when it doesn't read it, I get a "no supported data found. You can safely disconnect the device" message. I leave my car and return in about 30 minutes and the USB mode reappears and everything is fine again. Then, I remove then put back the stick, and the message appears again.

I've checked my software version and it is at the recommended DB/DB for 2012 MY. Could be that 2500 songs are too many? Although I've read other people with that much and more, and it works fine!
I think it reads your USB but takes quite a while to read that many GB's. Even a good laptop or computer will take several minutes to identify multiple gigs. I have around a gig or two and noticed it will take a couple minutes to synch it after plugging the stick in. The '12 owners manual states the car will identify up to 11K songs, but I'd imagine that would take a while to synch with the car memory.
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
Calikenn

I agree sandman. At first I thought it was a bad file or the stock itself was bad, but when I tried with 200 songs, it worked flawlessly.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
pocketcthulhu

Drives: 2014 2ss/RS 5th gen Camaro #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post
I think it reads your USB but takes quite a while to read that many GB's. Even a good laptop or computer will take several minutes to identify multiple gigs. I have around a gig or two and noticed it will take a couple minutes to synch it after plugging the stick in. The '12 owners manual states the car will identify up to 11K songs, but I'd imagine that would take a while to synch with the car memory.
I dunno I left that stick plugged in for a three hour trip and it still wouldn't even try to find it.

I won't rule out that i did something stupid but the radio was acting like there wasn't a option for mp3s perhaps I wasn't in the right menu or something.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
the reason the stick isn't working if you have attempted to put too many files in it......our radio system can't handle it......it will only handle a maximum of 10000 songs. Thats it.......I have about 1500 select song on a flash drive for my "RUNNING AROUND TOWN" MUSIC......works like a champ.....for long trips, I have a ZUNE with ALL my music on it, and it too works flawlessly.....

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 06-05-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
CrutchfieldBrooke

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 1968 Camaro
Yep, the problem is with the size of the drive you are using. If you want to stick with using a flash drive, you may want to split your music up on a couple.
CrutchfieldBrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #8
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketcthulhu View Post
So I have been able to sync my android up to both bluetooth and the aux 3.5 jack and can play music this way but I have been pondering how in the I am supposed to use the usb jack... I mistakenly thought i could just dump 20+gigs on a flash drive and plug it in but of course no luck.

thoughts?
How did you get your android to work with Bluetooth? I can't seem to figure it out. Also, there's an AUX 3.5 jack somewhere?

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
Calikenn

Thanks Nuke and crutchfield...I'll give splitting the songs up a shot.

Last edited by Calikenn; 06-03-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
How did you get your android to work with Bluetooth? I can't seem to figure it out. Also, there's an AUX 3.5 jack somewhere?
yes there is.....its just below the USB port.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #11
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
yes there is.....its just below the USB port.
How the heck did I miss that? Thank you!

Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
How the heck did I miss that? Thank you!

LOL because GM, in their INFINITE WISDOM hid both it and the USB port in the console!!! GRRRRRRRR IMHO their ergonomics engineers walk around looking like this most of the time.....I'm Just Sayin' lol

Name:  head up A$$.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  5.5 KB
Old 06-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #13
Calikenn

Old 06-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketcthulhu View Post

thoughts?

On 7-19 in your owner's manual it states:

Connecting and Controlling a USB Drive
The infotainment system can only play back .mp3 and .wma files from a USB drive. Only the first 10,000 songs are recognized on the device. When a device is not supported, the message “No supported data found. You can safely disconnect the device” appears.

I hope this information was helpful.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote