Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
Squiffy

Drives: 2011 RS 2SS CGM S/C
Dents from Hail

After a violent 5 minute hailstorm, I went outside to check for any damage of my Camaro. I was already flustered by the fact that I washed my car literally 30 minutes before the rain came. I started looking on the roof of the car. I noticed a very, very small dent on the edge of the roof on the passenger door side. I didn't notice it before so I assume it was from the hail. I'm going to wait until tomorrow when my car is dry to check for more possible damage. The hail was pretty decent size. About the size of a golfball. Has anyone else experienced damage to their vehicles from hail?
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
Flashpoint135

Drives: 2011 1LT
Yes, many of us have. When your car is dry look at the panels at different angles and use the reflected light to look for dents. Mine had over $3000 in damage, hundreds of small dents. Paintless Dent removal fixed most, but some they couldn't get to required one panel to be repaired and painted. That was a year ago, the car still looks fine. Covered by insurance (minus deductible).

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
Flashpoint135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
Squiffy

Ouch! I hope its not that bad but if there's one, there must be more.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
When you're checking out the hail damage keep in mind one little thing, how noticeable are the dents?

Almost all insurance companies have a "Mother Nature" or a "Act of God" clause that states how often they cover this type of damage. For example my agent will only cover damage such as hail once every 3 years. So if the damage is small and you can either live with it or pay for it yourself then I would do so and save the insurance claim for when a big hail storm hits and does $10-$15k in damage.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
Squiffy

I'm just praying it can't possibly be that bad.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
jackyl22
Jackyl

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
No garage ? You need a box ! Man sorry to hear! Get one of those pods for moving... Lol
Maggie TVS2300, Texas Speed CAM, CAI Intake, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers No Cats, Stainless Works Retro Cat Back Exhaust, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR Lowering Springs, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Subframe Bushings, BMR Differential Bushings, BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars with End Links, 3.91 Gears, Moroso Catch Can..... To be Continued
jackyl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
Squiffy

Heh. I'd be the cool guy with the storage unit in his driveway.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #8
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
We get damaging hail around 2-3 times a year here. Ive always been lucky with vehicles (knock on wood)

The roofs on some of the houses Ive lived in haven't been as fortunate.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #9
Ant5

Drives: 45th Anniversary 2LT
Sooo upset and mad we just had a hail storm out of nowhere right now. I cant remember the last time it hailed here. I only got the car a month ago. Im nervous to see if there is damage or not. The hail was pretty good size and it was really pounding down on the house. Hoping for the best right now.
Ant5 is offline   Reply With Quote