Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 06-05-2012, 03:05 AM   #1
DavidW

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert Auto IOM
Questions about a couple iPod issues

The first issue is specific to the Camaro, when I'm listening to the iPod through the usb port it will randomly start sounding fuzzy / making crackling noises(through the speakers), as soon as I unplug the iPod and plug it back in this goes away immediately even on the same songs, this only happens when using the iPod. There is no certain song or time this happens it seems to be totally random, and it rarely happens but when it does it is annoying. I previously had this iPod in my 2010 silverado, it was also through the oem stereos usb port and this never happened. Any ideas why this happens in the Camaro?

The second issue is unique to the iPod it is a sixth generation iPod classic. All the songs in my iTunes library play fine on my iPhone and in iTunes itself but on the iPod some songs will automatically skip to the next song 20 or so seconds in, if I ffwd past that point the song will continue to play normally, but then eventually it gets to a point where it does it again , say 50 seconds for example. I have restored the iPod and its the same songs that continue to do it(very few songs do this but it is still annoying), and they do it at the same points in the song. Both devices were synced at the same time and there is no settings on the songs to shorten them. Does anyone have any idea why I'm having this issue on the iPod?
DavidW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:34 AM   #2
bencardenas12

Drives: Black
i have the first issue happen almost twice a week, my only thought could maybe be from the iPod over-heating but thats a complete guess. I have a 6th gen classic and have never had that happen to me...maybe check the settings on iTunes?
bencardenas12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:47 AM   #3
DavidW

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert Auto IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencardenas12 View Post
i have the first issue happen almost twice a week, my only thought could maybe be from the iPod over-heating but thats a complete guess. I have a 6th gen classic and have never had that happen to me...maybe check the settings on iTunes?
It doesn't seem like overheating because it was in my centre console in my silverado as well; granted its bigger but I don't think that would be the difference, also it doesn't seem like it would start working fine again immediately after replugging it in if it was overheating, and I haven't seen any correlation in the time spent driving and when it happens.

As for the other issue I have checked my iTunes settings, and the song plays fine on my iPhone and in iTunes which is why I'm so stumped.

I appreciate the input!
DavidW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Good Luck David.......many, and I mean MANY people on here have issues with their APPLE devices having static now and then when playing music.....even after having the PDIM changed out and even if your unit has the "latest and greatest Hardware/Software" ...... the best advice I could give you and that would be to get yourself a flash drive and put your music on it.....plug it in, leave it in the car....and ROCK ON!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #5
wocampb

Drives: '14 2SS/RS 1LE BRM, '12 Cruze LT 6M
For the iPod specific issue, have you tried wiping the device and only adding the songs that are skipping? This might be a good way to test it and see if it is those songs causing the issue or something else. I had this issue on an old iPod and never found a fix for it.
wocampb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
I've had the crackling with multiple mp3s and my phone as well. It's not the device it is the car. For me the unplug doesn't work. I have to turn off the radio then on and sometimes turn off the car and on.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote