Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
Eskilachi

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss Convertible
Scratched front bumper - Is this easily repaired?

So I scratched my bumper on a sidewalk when I was parking. Always been careful, but a bit sleepy this morning and kind of in a hurry.
Is there a quick fix? Was thinking something like chip paint or something? Since itīs kind of on the underside it doesnīt need to be perfect, just cover it up basically. Second picture looks worse than it is because of the flash. I just want to cover it up really. They are not very deep, itīs just the paint.
Attached Images

Last edited by Eskilachi; 06-05-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: typo
Eskilachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
Looks like primer showing from your pictures. Get some touch up paint, a few tooth picks and some compound to buff. The tooth picks will be use to touch up those very small area's if their too small for a brush and remember to paint very lightly even if you still see some primer, you might have to give it a few coats to cover up. Once done you can give it a light wet sand ( 2000-2500 ) grit to level it out and then buff using a compound, if that's your taste try using the Dr. Colorchip Road Rash Complete Paint Chip Repair Kit that works very well.
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
Eskilachi

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss Convertible
Iīll give that a go. Thanks for the response
Eskilachi is offline   Reply With Quote