Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
enroberts

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS Camaro M6
New camaro owner...quick question

Hi everyone, I just bought a 2010 Inferno Orange Camaro with 8,500 miles on it. Last night I pulled in the garage and put the windows all the way up before going into the house. This morning when I came out both windows were half way down! I tried a search here and on Google, but didn't see much. My concern is that I park the car at a train station (far away from all other cars) everyday and if my windows went down in the middle of the day either my interior will get wet from possible rain or my car might get stolen! Anyone else know of this issue? The windows seem to be indexed correctly as they jump down when the doors are opened and back up after closing. Thanks!
enroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:34 AM   #2
1954 Belair-man

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM 1SS M6
Congrats on your new Camaro. Wow! This is the first time i've heard of this happening to anyone. Have you tried to get it to repeat it?
1954 Belair-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:47 AM   #3
enroberts

I tried a bunch of press and hold combos on the key fob but got nothing. My keys were hanging on a hook all night anyway. It's kind of nerve wracking!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Your windows need re-indexing. There are a few threads here on the topic. The process is documented in your owners manual.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #5
1954 Belair-man

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
Your windows need re-indexing. There are a few threads here on the topic. The process is documented in your owners manual.
I don't have that problem but thanks for the heads-up on that.
1954 Belair-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
enroberts

I have read about the indexing and I'll try it, but a few concerns still exist. (1)Why would BOTH windows decide to go exactly half way down at random in the middle of the night? (2) why do the windows need to be re-indexed? Like I said, the windows were all the way up when I left the garage last night and no remote buttons were pressed at all. i could understand the need for the reindex if one window was going down too much or not enough at a door open/close, but BOTH randomly going half way down? VERY concerned about this considering my car is outside in a parking lot during the day!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #7
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Re-indexing is your starting point. If that fails then you have deeper electrical issues and it's time to take the car in to a dealer.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #8
Calikenn

Drives: 2012 Corvette GS
Could it be that it's not a technical issue? Maybe another family member or roommate wanted to check out your new ride? Have you asked? Just thinking of other possibilities?
Calikenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #9
45anni-gen5
Chevy 4 Life

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary RS Vert
should be under warranty still...i recommend the stealership
Old 06-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by enroberts View Post
Hi everyone, I just bought a 2010 Inferno Orange Camaro with 8,500 miles on it. Last night I pulled in the garage and put the windows all the way up before going into the house. This morning when I came out both windows were half way down! I tried a search here and on Google, but didn't see much. My concern is that I park the car at a train station (far away from all other cars) everyday and if my windows went down in the middle of the day either my interior will get wet from possible rain or my car might get stolen! Anyone else know of this issue? The windows seem to be indexed correctly as they jump down when the doors are opened and back up after closing. Thanks!
I definitely agree with a lot of people on this thread. The best thing to do is to take it to the dealership for troubleshooting. Please let us know if you take this route and keep us updated.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote