Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V6 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

V6 Bolt-Ons & Tunes Intake, exhaust, tunes, other bolt-ons for V6 Camaros.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
orbitearl

Drives: 2010 r/s switchblade metalic
Cant pass inspection with trifecta tune bbk long tube-k&n

Installed these parts on my car. It first threw the codes p2179 and p0041. No I did not cross the wires for the O2's did one side at a time. Cleared the code and occasionally, maybe every 4k miles or so the engine light will come on and I will clear the code. Engine light off, everything good. I go to get it inspected and it came up catalyst not ready and evap system not ready. Have had no engine light or codes for aprox 2000m but when hooked up to state computer this comes up. guess I need to see if Vince will send me another tune. Retune and try again. Any ideas? Ready to ditch bbk k&n and tune...need to pass inspection. Hate NC laws! Ready to go home to Ga
orbitearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
usafboy

Drives: 2010 Silver SS/RS LS3
what k&n intake do you have? black tube of metal tube? black plastsic tube can cause CELs, i've been down that road and contact K&N directly and they refunded my money and then i switched to injen long tube, lovin it. sorry to hear about your problems tho. hope you get it figured out
Mods...so far: resonator/muffler delete, tinted everything, '13 shift knob/boot, bowtie delete, PFADT sway bars, CAI intake, Hurst short shifter, JBA cat deletes, BMR trailing arms/outer bushings/steering rack bushing, Bo White ported TB.
Rhino79 Dyno tuned...405 HP/399 TQ
usafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
orbitearl

Drives: 2010 r/s switchblade metalic
black tube but changed back to stock air box about 600 miles ago. hoping it will clear soon. the guy at inspection said he had an s10 that took over 1000 to clear.
orbitearl is offline   Reply With Quote