Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
BreakingBad
i am the one who knocks

Drives: '12 2LT/RS
Anyone running Fi or RE in their Camaro?

Pretty much decided the brand, just debating between 2 10's or 2 12's.

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraud...iew.shopscript

"The BL Series fills the gap between the all out SPL monster and a solid daily driver. Featuring a chamfered solid pole piece and standard double stack motor structure with 8.660" magnets as the foundation for a truly tough subwoofer, you can choose from a variety of options to custom tailor the sub for your exact application. With the addition of the hyper chamfer, or our patent pending heli-cooling channels along with the Daily option, you can bump up the subs thermal capacity for long term daily driving abuse. Looking for an ultra tough SPL sub? Choose the SPL option, one of the 8 layer aluminum flatwind voicecoils, add power, and let it rip. With head cracking upper bass and brutal low end, the BL handles the extremes with ease."

I have this amp and may try to use it with the 2:

http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.ph...category_id=12

Wondering if it will fit though! The amp is huge. It powered my 18" RE XXX. Not even sure it can run 2 subs being it's a class-D/mono amp. Not too 'literate' when it comes to electrical wiring.

I have no spare, so trunk space is wide open. I hear a lot about subthump - is that a website, a specific person, a group of people? I hear they build custom boxes - who can I contact about the above build?

Also, if anyone currently runs RE or FI, would love to see a vid or pics.
“Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons.” - Ron Paul
BreakingBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
black12lt

Drives: black 1lt 2012
Supthump is a company, owned by Steve. His id on here is Steve@subthump.
black12lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
SoooFlyyy

Drives: 2012 IBM 1LT/RS w/ SIM Rallies
I went with a subthump box for my 2012 and it fit great. I installed 2 12s. I heard you can run two subs with a mono amp, but I went with a 2 channel because I understood that enough to wire it myself. Attached a picture of my 2 12 rear firinf box that I got from su thump. You can get it in circles or squares and 10s or 12s, as well as feont diring or rear firing.
Attached Images

SoooFlyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #4
CrutchfieldBrooke

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 1968 Camaro
That amp can def run two subs. It's just a matter of matching up the power of the amp to the power the subs can handle. I will provide you a link for wiring that should show you the wiring layout regardless of the impedance (ohms) of your subs or the number of voice coils they have.

http://www.crutchfield.com/I-rCHVc11...ml?g=100&tp=14
CrutchfieldBrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #5
c5dreamer

Drives: Tacoma/2LTRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoooFlyyy View Post
I went with a subthump box for my 2012 and it fit great. I installed 2 12s. I heard you can run two subs with a mono amp, but I went with a 2 channel because I understood that enough to wire it myself. Attached a picture of my 2 12 rear firinf box that I got from su thump. You can get it in circles or squares and 10s or 12s, as well as feont diring or rear firing.
nice!...what amp you using to push them jbls?
c5dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #6
Decibel JJ
Car nut

Drives: Tahoe Z71, Race cars
I have two of the FI 15" BTL's in my Tahoe and they are awesome. They'll do @ 150 db's even though they're underpowered (2500 watts to the subs).

Check the specs on the ones you are interested in though, a lot of them work best in large ported enclosures rather than sealed.

The flat wind V/C is a good option as it will make them more efficient.

FI also makes Ascendent Audio for some more options.

R.I.P. Evan .. A true Friend
Decibel JJ is offline   Reply With Quote