Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > UK

UK United Kingdom

Old 06-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
RickGM

Drives: 2013 SS V8 Auto

Hi All. First post for me. Just ordered a Camaro and now have a 3 month wait. Test drove the 45th Anniversary model that W H Brand have, but it was just to say I had done so before ordering !! Didn't want a convertible (would have one if I lived in LA) and always think the lines of cars are spoilt when the roof is up - just my view. Did want auto and did want polished wheels. W H Brand had 8 pre-ordered, 4 manual and 4 auto. I fancied the IOM with black stripes but that wasn't on their list and I didn't fancy the 6 months wait ! My first choice was Yellow with black stripes until I found out about the Transformer connection (must get out more). Anyway, WHB had my spec in yellow/black on their pre-order list so that's what it's gonna be.
Always fancied a V8 Mustang and hired one in the US a couple of years ago but since the Chevy announcement of UK spec cars (except steering wheel) my wish list changed to the Camaro. So here I am and am really looking forward to September/October.
Oh, and it's bye bye to my beloved Porsche! :(
RickGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
stray bullitt

Drives: Bentley Continental GT.
Hi Rick.
Glad to hear you came to your senses, and swapped the Porsche for the sexy beast that is the Camaro. I am a convert from Mustang GTs, having had a couple in the last 6 years. my wife and I visited the 'states in 2010, and went to a car show, where there were a number of 5th gens. I fell in love straight away with the styling. I am a rally yellow owner, and love the way it looks on these cars. When I turned up at Brands on Monday, Adam Brand was interested to see the rally yellow, as he'd just sold one (yours?), but had never had the pleasure of seing one in the metal. It is a bit different to the "Transformers" cars, as it is a solid yellow colour rather than the metallic gold colour of the film star.
Anyway welcome to the fold.
Regards
Tim.
stray bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
RickGM

Drives: 2013 SS V8 Auto
Hi, the Porsche has been a fantastic car and has been faithful for 75,000 miles. Nearly 8 years old now so time to go, I was really impressed with the Camaro - looks, performance, spec, and can't wait to get behind the wheel. That would be the one Adam sold. I confirmed the order with him Monday morning (he wasn't in Sat or Sunday) - didn't want to lose the car and have to wait til Dec (which sensibly would have meant Jan 3013). I was torn between the Orange, White or Yellow. Orange 6 months, white or yellow 3 months. Really glad I've gone for Yellow now.
RickGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
Rendo

Drives: 2010 2SS
Welcome to the permagrin club! The yellow is very sharp looking, you'll love it.
2010 Black 2SS/RS M6 - SLP Loud Mouth II Exhaust, AIRAID Intake System, RX Catch Can, Eibach Pro Springs and Anti-Roll Kit, Hurst Billet/Plus Shifter, Skipshift Eliminator, Heritage Grill, JDP Color Changing Halos, Blackout Everything
Rendo is offline   Reply With Quote