Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
1SoCalGen5SS

Drives: 2010 SS
Fuel Tank Problem

Hey guys I have a question, I have one of the early production 10' camaro's do any of you guys have the same problem I have? When I am filling up I have to hold the pump angled up so the pump doesn't click ever two seconds. I don't know if there was ever a fix for this, but its pretty annoying that if i move my hand the wrong way the pump will click. Advice appreciated, thanks!
1SoCalGen5SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2012 Panamera
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SoCalGen5SS View Post
Hey guys I have a question, I have one of the early production 10' camaro's do any of you guys have the same problem I have? When I am filling up I have to hold the pump angled up so the pump doesn't click ever two seconds. I don't know if there was ever a fix for this, but its pretty annoying that if i move my hand the wrong way the pump will click. Advice appreciated, thanks!
Mine does it too. Drives me crazy. I have to hold the pump like a Nascar pit crew to get it to fill up. the trick to it. If someone let's you know, I'm interested too.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
1SoCalGen5SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Mine does it too. Drives me crazy. I have to hold the pump like a Nascar pit crew to get it to fill up. the trick to it. If someone let's you know, I'm interested too.
Super annoying, people look at me like why is this dumbass holding the pump up
Old 06-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
Sleez

Drives: 2010, 2LT, RS, 6M, ABM (#1893) SOLD
happens with a lot of newer cars, my 2010 ford ranger work truck did the same thing, drove me crazy!!
Sleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SoCalGen5SS View Post
We are sorry for the inconvenience the concern you are having may be causing. Have you been able to take it to the dealership for diagnosis? Please feel free to contact me for any additional questions or feedback.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
1SoCalGen5SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
We are sorry for the inconvenience the concern you are having may be causing. Have you been able to take it to the dealership for diagnosis? Please feel free to contact me for any additional questions or feedback.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
I haven't taken it in, it's one of those things that skips my mind when I go into the dealer, but I think about it at the gas pump. I'll have to take it in.