Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
Preston 03

Drives: 2012 ss convertible
exhaust rattle noise

My new camaro ss convertible has a exhaust rattle,took it to dealer and they said nothing could be done as this was a normal operation. GM sent a copy of bulletin# 35
Is supposed to be normal for L99 cars. This is a annoying noise, any suggestions other than a aftermarket exhaust?
Preston 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
oldfriend

Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
Can you post the noise on this forum [video/sound , will help .
Old 06-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
Eskilachi

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston 03 View Post
My new camaro ss convertible has a exhaust rattle,took it to dealer and they said nothing could be done as this was a normal operation. GM sent a copy of bulletin# 35
Is supposed to be normal for L99 cars. This is a annoying noise, any suggestions other than a aftermarket exhaust?
I have the same problem. You got the spring-loaded valve excuse? If so thereīs not much to do. Have had the same problem for a long time, tried different dealers just to make sure it is what they say it is, and I get the same answers every time. Itīs the spring loaded valve put in to prevent the drone they previously had.

Iīm changing the exhaust.

However, if your problem is not the spring-loaded valve then look away from everything Iīve written above
Eskilachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
Preston 03

Drives: 2012 ss convertible
I'm afraid that's the problem, a new car shouldn't be doing this, very disappointed with this, everything else is fine but a $44000 car shouldn't have a cheap exhaust system. I wasn't planning on aftermarket exhaust system yet....
Preston 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
CAMARU

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/CGM/6M/Black stripes
I have the same annoying vibration at take off and when the engine lugs on my LS3. POOR design by GM. In the GM video, all the engineers sat with head phones on for the best exhaust note. I guess they are deaf.
CAMARU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #6
Eskilachi

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston 03 View Post
I'm afraid that's the problem, a new car shouldn't be doing this, very disappointed with this, everything else is fine but a $44000 car shouldn't have a cheap exhaust system. I wasn't planning on aftermarket exhaust system yet....
The interesting part of it is that GM is aware of what they themselves call "an issue", which means they knew about an issue before selling us the car. Which again means that they should tell a customer about it before selling it. Iīm not sure about the laws in this country, but in my home country, by law, I could go back and get all my money back, or a new car.

Buuuut, I like the car anyway, and I would install a new exhaust anyway because the stock one is just weak. Not worthy of a muscle car.
Eskilachi is offline   Reply With Quote