Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Night Owl LED
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
Flash-SS

Drives: 2010 2SS Grey/silver stripes
Subthump harness question

I have one of the early Subthump harnesses to hook up an amp/sub to the factory BA stereo. I am in the process of putting in a new line level converter (my amp wouldn't work without one) and I got in a hurry and took the old one out without taking note of which speaker wires went together. I have a red/white stripe, grey/white stripe, solid yellow, and green/white stripe. I haven't been able to locate any instructions anywhere, including the Subthump website, so I would appreciate any help.
2010 2SS LS3/ Custom painted gunmetal grey with "ghost" silver stripes / Roto-Fab CAI / Skip shift eleminator / Barton short throw shifter / 20% tint / muffler delete / Subthump stealth enclosure with JL Audio 8W7 powered by a JL Audio J2 500.1

Flash-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2014 Cruze 1LT/RS
Is this what you're looking for? Also, did you try a ground loop isolator? Often they will solve the amp-protect issues.

Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Visual Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Pioneer DEX-P99RS * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
Flash-SS

Drives: 2010 2SS Grey/silver stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrider01 View Post
Is this what you're looking for? Also, did you try a ground loop isolator? Often they will solve the amp-protect issues.

That should help, thanks. Basically I had to cut the RCA female ends off of the harness and use the wires as speaker wires into a line level converter. I have a JL Audio amp and for whatever reason it just wouldn't work without the converter. It would come on, just no sound would come out. I used a cheap converter that lasted about a year, now I'm putting in an Audio Control LC2i.
2010 2SS LS3/ Custom painted gunmetal grey with "ghost" silver stripes / Roto-Fab CAI / Skip shift eleminator / Barton short throw shifter / 20% tint / muffler delete / Subthump stealth enclosure with JL Audio 8W7 powered by a JL Audio J2 500.1

Flash-SS is offline   Reply With Quote