Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
sweetmisty03

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Help adding subs to my 2012 2LT RS Camaro with Boston Acoustics

I have a 2012 2LT that came with the Boston Acoustics 9 speaker system I did not get the factory installed sub woofer, however it has the factory Boston Acoustics amp installed. I have my subs and amp from my previous car, which are two 10” JL Audio subs and 500W JL Audio amp.

If I get the Subthump Exclusive 2010 & Up Camaro Plug & Play RCA Output T-Harness For Factory Boston Amp V3.0 item: 5G-X3 RCA, will I just need to remove my JL Audio amp and use the Boston Acoustics amp to power my 2 JL Audio subs? Will I have to get at the back of the stereo in the dash to do the install?

Thanks for any and all help!
Sweetmisty03
sweetmisty03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Steve@Subthump

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Our harness taps into the input signal at the boston amp, which is conveniently lacated in the trunk. Think of it as "rca jacks in the trunk" instead of removing the console and radio--and running wires all the way to the back to do the same thing. So for just adding subs, you will keep the boston system 100% fully intact. Use your JL amp to power the subs you are installing.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
LS1346CID
Enjoying the lil things

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS Loaded - Lil Red
Hey Steve, I might have to get one of those from you also I am going to go back into production making fiberglass boxes for the side pockets again for 12's - it has been too long!!!
Missed you guys!
LS1346CID is offline   Reply With Quote