|Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.|
|06-12-2012, 02:25 PM||#1|
Drives: 69 Camaro RS Conv. 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Hawk HPS Pad instal - Shim Question
Gonna track my car next week at PIR, wanted to swap the brakes and fluid.
Got the HPS pads and had a question. They seem to have shims, so do I use the Hawk Shims or put the OEM shims on?
Also, do I put the grease on both sides of the shim? or just the side that contacts the pistons?
Thanks for any help. I am new to Brembos so wanted to get info before I start the swap.
|06-12-2012, 02:47 PM||#2|
i just put it on the side that side that touches the piston and also what the brakes slide on...
top 10 reason why real men drive stick.
10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.