Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
tpower
DBLCHBY III
 
tpower's Avatar
 
Drives: 15 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Team Canada
Posts: 2,716
Automatic 561 rwhp SPI Tuning

Pulleys , injectors , custom tune and a solid isolator 561hp so far so good. Sorry for the pics I will scan this week

Name:  dnyo chart 001.jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  104.0 KB

Name:  dnyo chart 002.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  83.0 KB

Name:  dnyo chart 003.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  100.9 KB
__________________
tpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
evolve
 
evolve's Avatar
 
Drives: 03 Cobra
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cyber Space
Posts: 508
Awesome graphs! What size pulley/boost is it at?
__________________
2003 Cobra (Stock Motor/Boost Only)
640rwhp/ 550rwtq on 93...
Well over 700rwhp on CORN
evolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
tpower
DBLCHBY III
 
tpower's Avatar
 
Drives: 15 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Team Canada
Posts: 2,716
2.5 pulleys and I believe 12.2 boost (not 100% sure )
__________________
tpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
sammyv
 
sammyv's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 red Lingenfelter ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: zionsville IN
Posts: 556
You say so far so good are you not finished? What else do you have planed?
sammyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,052
It looks like you started around 8.5-psi and are now, like you said, about another 3-4 more? That doesn't sound too bad. I'm pretty sure I'm going with a lower, too, now Excellent numbers and a HELL of a ride
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #6
tpower
DBLCHBY III
 
tpower's Avatar
 
Drives: 15 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Team Canada
Posts: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyv View Post
You say so far so good are you not finished? What else do you have planed?
Hope to have headers and cats installed this week in time for Michigan show,
__________________
tpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
BeachBum
 
Drives: 2012 (ZL-1) #468
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Veradale, Washington
Posts: 583
Watching With Envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
Hope to have headers and cats installed this week in time for Michigan show,
Great Results Typower - Now If We Could Elimanate Brake Dust I'm In
__________________
BeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
Taser Deployed

 
Taser Deployed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 939
Damn good numbers!
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #9
nanokpsi
 
Drives: Ford
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: in front of you
Posts: 175
Nice numbers.
Was that baseline stock at ~490whp?
nanokpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #10
tpower
DBLCHBY III
 
tpower's Avatar
 
Drives: 15 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Team Canada
Posts: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanokpsi View Post
Nice numbers.
Was that baseline stock at ~490whp?
yes 490 was baseline
__________________
tpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
sspddmn
 
sspddmn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 / 1991 Z28
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SF Bay but originally from the 808
Posts: 560
Hey just for my info cause I dont know much about SC but I thought I read somewhere here that our Z's 1900 SC is capable of handling up to 12 psi of boost even with a smaller pulley. Please school me as I would like to learn more. Thanks.
__________________
2002 Camaro SS (sold) / 1991 Camaro Z28 / 2013 ZL1 VIN# 149
sspddmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #12
tpower
DBLCHBY III
 
tpower's Avatar
 
Drives: 15 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Team Canada
Posts: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspddmn View Post
Hey just for my info cause I dont know much about SC but I thought I read somewhere here that our Z's 1900 SC is capable of handling up to 12 psi of boost even with a smaller pulley. Please school me as I would like to learn more. Thanks.
I am not sure of the boost limits in 1900 sc
__________________
tpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #13
Bob Cosby
 
Drives: 2010 Vette
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 572
70 RWHP with pulleys, injectors and a tune - very nice!

And what is really relevant here isn't the actual raw peak numbers, but rather, the DIFFERENCE from when the car was stock, to what it was after the mods and tuning. This is a perfect representation of what a chassis dyno's primary purpose is - tuning, and finding out what mods work and what mods don't. Same car, same dyno, same operator. Only difference is what is done to the car.

Compare that to "Joe Blow" who is all excited because his car made A gazzilion HP on one dyno, while "Jim Blow" had an identical car that made 20 HP less on a DIFFERENT dyno in a different state on a different date and is mad because Joe's made more. IE....dyno racers.

Love it - good job!
Bob Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #14
tpower
DBLCHBY III
 
tpower's Avatar
 
Drives: 15 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Team Canada
Posts: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cosby View Post
70 RWHP with pulleys, injectors and a tune - very nice!

And what is really relevant here isn't the actual raw peak numbers, but rather, the DIFFERENCE from when the car was stock, to what it was after the mods and tuning. This is a perfect representation of what a chassis dyno's primary purpose is - tuning, and finding out what mods work and what mods don't. Same car, same dyno, same operator. Only difference is what is done to the car.

Compare that to "Joe Blow" who is all excited because his car made A gazzilion HP on one dyno, while "Jim Blow" had an identical car that made 20 HP less on a DIFFERENT dyno in a different state on a different date and is mad because Joe's made more. IE....dyno racers.

Love it - good job!
And this all started with a charity dyno event
__________________
tpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #15
MrDew
 
MrDew's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #165
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Switzerland (no longer Houston, TX) :-(
Posts: 479
Pulley injectors and tune, thats it? Nothing else? That is awesome!
Enjoy your new found power! ;-)
MrDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #16
tpower
DBLCHBY III
 
tpower's Avatar
 
Drives: 15 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Team Canada
Posts: 2,716
Sorry I have a Torq heat exchanger
__________________
tpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #17
jleews6
 
Drives: mustangs
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: va
Posts: 87
That's a good gain. Do you have any plans to take it to the track?
jleews6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.