Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
MaroSS
VIN - 7314
 
MaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 653
Best Decision?

Well I really want a Camaro 2SS, A couple have been sold from under me, and I had to pass up a Black 2SS because the dealer decided to make an unfair Mark-Up making a $37,000 Camaro nearly $50,000 ... I want the car, but IDK when GM will fully release the car. BTW im in Southern California an still havent seen a Camaro on the streets but all have been sold and the dealers are only expecting to get them within months ... I attend CSULA and the only time I will be able to purchase the car is on the weekends while the car is being sold on weekdays as soon as it hits the lot ... It feels like I will never get the oppurtunity to buy the car I want but I just want other opinions ... Should I wait or start looking for a new car???
__________________
MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:42 PM   #2
Bond
Heritage Hanger
 
Bond's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 1,174
WAIT!!
It's only been on the road for what? Two weeks??
So be a little patient. The opportunity will come, and come again.
I'm holding out for a 2SS no matter what. And further.. a 6spd 2SS/RS in Silver Ice!

I'll have absolutely nothing else!
Picky? I have the right to be! Afterall.. I AM buying a CAMARO!
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=4574&pictureid=46944

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:04 AM   #3
mwoodengr
Clueless Member
 
mwoodengr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 PT Cruiser Convertible
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 136
I think you are going about this the wrong way. Call you local dealers and let them know that you will buy the car if it comes in the trim package you want. Once they get one on the lot, they will call you with a price, most likely over MSRP by $3-15k, if that works for you tell them its yours and you will pick it up on the weekend.
Thinking you are going to just stroll into a dealership and buy one right now is crazy, there are well over 10,000 people that pre-ordered and still waiting for their car before you. Maybe in 2-3 months you can do that, but not now.

Search the forum and you will see how others purchased cars that were not pre-ordered, but almost always contacted the dealer before the car came in.
__________________
Driving my Rally Yellow 2LT

Original order - Cancelled
1100 = 11/15/2009
New Order
1100 = Preliminary Order: 1/26/2009
2000 = Accepted By GM: 5/27/2009
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: 6/16/2009
3800 = Produced: ?
4150 = Invoiced: ?
4200 = Shipped: 7/3/2009
5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 7/14/2009
6000 = 7/18/2009

Last edited by mwoodengr; 05-16-2009 at 01:05 AM. Reason: revised text
mwoodengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:13 AM   #4
FNKNSTN
Banned
 
Drives: A Black Car
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroSS View Post
Well I really want a Camaro 2SS, A couple have been sold from under me, and I had to pass up a Black 2SS because the dealer decided to make an unfair Mark-Up making a $37,000 Camaro nearly $50,000 ... I want the car, but IDK when GM will fully release the car. BTW im in Southern California an still havent seen a Camaro on the streets but all have been sold and the dealers are only expecting to get them within months ... I attend CSULA and the only time I will be able to purchase the car is on the weekends while the car is being sold on weekdays as soon as it hits the lot ... It feels like I will never get the oppurtunity to buy the car I want but I just want other opinions ... Should I wait or start looking for a new car???
Dude, what dealerships have you been working with? I'm local to the South Bay... currently waiting for my car to be delivered.
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:05 AM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,308
Dude...wait. We've been waiting for years. Waiting until you get what YOU want is the best decision. There will be the opportunity.......YOU know it and YOU just have to have patience!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:02 AM   #6
Scooter
 
Scooter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 466
I'll have absolutely nothing else!
Picky? I have the right to be! Afterall.. I AM buying a CAMARO![/QUOTE]

LOL!!!!!
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #7
MaroSS
VIN - 7314
 
MaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwoodengr View Post
I think you are going about this the wrong way. Call you local dealers and let them know that you will buy the car if it comes in the trim package you want. Once they get one on the lot, they will call you with a price, most likely over MSRP by $3-15k, if that works for you tell them its yours and you will pick it up on the weekend.
Thinking you are going to just stroll into a dealership and buy one right now is crazy, there are well over 10,000 people that pre-ordered and still waiting for their car before you. Maybe in 2-3 months you can do that, but not now.

Search the forum and you will see how others purchased cars that were not pre-ordered, but almost always contacted the dealer before the car came in.
Thats exactly what I have done ... When the first V6 came to Martin Chevrolet I immediately went in to view it ... The sales rep said would I like to get a Camaro and I told him I would like the 2SS package. Once that was said, he wrote my name down on a list and he said he would call me when he got a better ETA ... I call back one day before the weekend arrived and another sales rep told me the car was sold on that Tuesday ... I always call before the car even arrives at the dealers, they take my name down and the car gets sold every Tuesday it seems like but have still recieved no call from all the dealers I have talked to.
__________________
MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
blakeequalshyphy
 
blakeequalshyphy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroSS View Post
Thats exactly what I have done ... When the first V6 came to Martin Chevrolet I immediately went in to view it ... The sales rep said would I like to get a Camaro and I told him I would like the 2SS package. Once that was said, he wrote my name down on a list and he said he would call me when he got a better ETA ... I call back one day before the weekend arrived and another sales rep told me the car was sold on that Tuesday ... I always call before the car even arrives at the dealers, they take my name down and the car gets sold every Tuesday it seems like but have still recieved no call from all the dealers I have talked to.
i got my car yesterday from Martin Chevrolet. From what they said, they should be getting a few more this week. Oh and that car your talking about that Tuesday was in the dealership for a total of 15mins they said
blakeequalshyphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #9
LabRat
 
Drives: Wheeled Vehicles
Join Date: May 2009
Location: St Paul,MN
Posts: 285
Hmmmmmmmmm

Order one?

LabRat
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #10
2010SLVRBULIT


 
2010SLVRBULIT's Avatar
 
Drives: G5 & C6
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MARS
Posts: 6,888
Unless you want to fork out $$, you won't be able to get one any time soon. If you order w/ money down, it'll be like X-mas or something like that.
Best bet is to buy the LTs that are dealer cars, but it'll still be pricey and won't be an SS. An you can imagine what the dealer price is on an SS...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #11
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,805
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
OUCH!!!!!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #12
MaroSS
VIN - 7314
 
MaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNKNSTN View Post
Dude, what dealerships have you been working with? I'm local to the South Bay... currently waiting for my car to be delivered.
Martin Chevrolet (Which in my opinion they are the WORST!!!!!!!), Cormier Chevrolet, Harbor Chevrolet, S&J Chevrolet, Power Chevrolet, George Chevrolet.
__________________
MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:30 AM   #13
MaroSS
VIN - 7314
 
MaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeequalshyphy View Post
i got my car yesterday from Martin Chevrolet. From what they said, they should be getting a few more this week. Oh and that car your talking about that Tuesday was in the dealership for a total of 15mins they said
Well there were two that was sold from there right? or was that the same Orange and Black one they been had?
__________________
MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:31 AM   #14
MaroSS
VIN - 7314
 
MaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Hmmmmmmmmm

Order one?

LabRat
I wanted to order today but most have said they have filled up all their orders or like Martin Chevrolet are going by 1st come 1st Serve or just dont know how many cars they are getting in so arent making orders.... but none seem like they have no clue about the car anymore since they been selling them.
__________________
MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #15
Vash


 
Drives: 00 Blazer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,128
This makes no sense. What you said about when you can buy the car.

Did you go to the ordering forum and read all of our collective advice on how to buy a car.

You NEVER walk into a dealer... without pre approved credit already lined up (when you want to buy or order a car).

With pre approved cred you don't have to be there at the dealer lol you work phones and email and your bank will do the paperwork for you. Remember GMAC has nothing to do with GM anymore other than they are a bank that works with them. They are not part of GM at all. Just in namesake. So use a Credit Union or bank with good books.

So go to the price and ordering subforum and start reading and eduMaKate yourself.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #16
MaroSS
VIN - 7314
 
MaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
Unless you want to fork out $$, you won't be able to get one any time soon. If you order w/ money down, it'll be like X-mas or something like that.
Best bet is to buy the LTs that are dealer cars, but it'll still be pricey and won't be an SS. An you can imagine what the dealer price is on an SS...
The SS to be ordered at Cormier is $5,000 then $5,000 over window sticker lol ... A black SS was $37,000 that I actually saw yesterday but they marked it up to nearly $50,000 and it was the plainest one I've ever seen hahaha
__________________
MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #17
MaroSS
VIN - 7314
 
MaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
This makes no sense. What you said about when you can buy the car.

Did you go to the ordering forum and read all of our collective advice on how to buy a car.

You NEVER walk into a dealer... without pre approved credit already lined up (when you want to buy or order a car).

With pre approved cred you don't have to be there at the dealer lol you work phones and email and your bank will do the paperwork for you.

So go to the price and ordering subforum and start reading and eduMaKate yourself.


I only walked into a dealer two times out of this whole experience? lmao so what you talking about? they didnt even try to take information because they know nothing about the car!!!! lol
__________________
MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #18
Vash


 
Drives: 00 Blazer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroSS View Post
I only walked into a dealer two times out of this whole experience? lmao so what you talking about? they didnt even try to take information because they know nothing about the car!!!! lol
All the MSRP list and feedback info and how to find a car and order is on this forum. That's what I am talking about.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #19
MaroSS
VIN - 7314
 
MaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
This makes no sense. What you said about when you can buy the car.

You NEVER walk into a dealer... without pre approved credit already lined up (when you want to buy or order a car).

With pre approved cred you don't have to be there at the dealer lol you work phones and email and your bank will do the paperwork for you. Remember GMAC has nothing to do with GM anymore other than they are a bank that works with them. They are not part of GM at all. Just in namesake. So use a Credit Union or bank with good books.

So go to the price and ordering subforum and start reading and eduMaKate yourself.
This is just the part that made me say that ... I understand all the need to knows about buying a car thats all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
All the MSRP list and feedback info and how to find a car and order is on this forum. That's what I am talking about.
But Yes I will do that and see whats on there
__________________
MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #20
LabRat
 
Drives: Wheeled Vehicles
Join Date: May 2009
Location: St Paul,MN
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroSS View Post
I wanted to order today but most have said they have filled up all their orders or like Martin Chevrolet are going by 1st come 1st Serve or just dont know how many cars they are getting in so arent making orders.... but none seem like they have no clue about the car anymore since they been selling them.
Maro,

Sounds like you are there in school?

Have you thought of having the folks at home check around for you for available allocations?

LabRat
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #21
2010SLVRBULIT


 
2010SLVRBULIT's Avatar
 
Drives: G5 & C6
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MARS
Posts: 6,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
OUCH!!!!!
Oh, i am sure there are still honest dealers out there(needle in a haystack)...

If my order falls through I'll be looking for one myself^^^..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:56 AM   #22
MaroSS
VIN - 7314
 
MaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Maro,

Sounds like you are there in school?

Have you thought of having the folks at home check around for you for available allocations?

LabRat
Yeah my Dad is the only other one that cares about me getting this car lol everyone else is like "just buy a different one then sheesh" lol but he wanted to go with Cormier because he purchased a 08 C6 Vette from them when it first came out and the ordering deposit was only $1,000 ... but for the Camaro they want $5,000 deposit and $5,000 over sticker in which he thinks thats crazy!!! an I do too lol especially because the sales rep said he will still have no idea when it will come.
__________________
MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #23
MaroSS
VIN - 7314
 
MaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
Oh, i am sure there are still honest dealers out there(needle in a haystack)...

If my order falls through I'll be looking for one myself^^^..
Well since im in this situation I really hope your order goes on track!!!!!!!
__________________
MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #24
Lovestanda
Large Member
 
Lovestanda's Avatar
 
Drives: Yugo SS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroSS View Post
Well I really want a Camaro 2SS, A couple have been sold from under me, and I had to pass up a Black 2SS because the dealer decided to make an unfair Mark-Up making a $37,000 Camaro nearly $50,000 ... I want the car, but IDK when GM will fully release the car. BTW im in Southern California an still havent seen a Camaro on the streets but all have been sold and the dealers are only expecting to get them within months ... I attend CSULA and the only time I will be able to purchase the car is on the weekends while the car is being sold on weekdays as soon as it hits the lot ... It feels like I will never get the oppurtunity to buy the car I want but I just want other opinions ... Should I wait or start looking for a new car???
Are you joking 50K??? Boy, some dealers are really just trying to damage thier credibility and buisness base.
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:13 AM   #25
MaroSS
VIN - 7314
 
MaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 653
Well I checked with another dealer who said they take orders so I will go down there today and all I have to put down is a $500 deposit then pay MSRP which sounds so GREAT!!!
__________________
MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Decision Time ?!?!?!?! ZZcamaro General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 24 05-16-2009 01:15 PM
Ive made the very difficult Decision Rob490 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 57 02-28-2009 02:13 PM
Need help with 1LT vs. 1SS decision hdhomer Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 13 02-21-2009 04:59 PM
Final decision Bumble Bee '77 4th Generation Camaros 9 11-02-2008 06:35 PM
easy decision: Ford vs. Mercedes The_Blur General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 0 05-05-2008 10:25 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.