Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:28 AM   #1
ben3350

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM
Replacing the right boston premium door speaker

My RS has the boston premium sound speakers. Just recently, the speaker on the right door started to rattle, and I cannot stand the sound at all. I want to replace the speaker. I figure the speaker is probably only sold in pairs, so I will have to buy 2.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew exactly which speaker this was, if I can see it online, and how much it would cost to replace. I went to the boston acoustic website, and they have so many speakers, I have no idea which is the one I have in my car. I want the same exact speaker that I had before, because I really like the sound of the boston premiums, just cant find which ones they are online.

Any help would be appreciated!
ben3350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:47 AM   #2
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Can always contact dealer for part number for speaker. Normally see fronts sold in pairs. I would replace both to keep sound equal, but that's just my opinion. Check the audio section & for sale section. Someone may have upgraded their system & selling bap speakers.

CRUZN-SS VIA tapatalk
Old 06-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
CrutchfieldBrooke

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 1968 Camaro
Although you are seeing options for Boston Acoustics aftermarket speakers different places online, these are not the same speakers that are in the Boston upgraded factory system. This typically holds true for any upgraded factory system in any car when compared to that speaker manufacturers aftermarket lineup. If you go with aftermarket BA speakers, you would need to install them in both doors since they will be different.

If you just want a direct replacement for the one you are having an issue with, then follow CruznSS advice. A dealership will normally sell you just one speaker identical to what is in there now, but you will prob save some cash if you can find someone with an original that they took out to upgrade their system.
CrutchfieldBrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3350 View Post
My RS has the boston premium sound speakers. Just recently, the speaker on the right door started to rattle, and I cannot stand the sound at all. I want to replace the speaker. I figure the speaker is probably only sold in pairs, so I will have to buy 2.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew exactly which speaker this was, if I can see it online, and how much it would cost to replace. I went to the boston acoustic website, and they have so many speakers, I have no idea which is the one I have in my car. I want the same exact speaker that I had before, because I really like the sound of the boston premiums, just cant find which ones they are online.

My Car did that right out of the factory, was driving home and was what the hell is that.... come to find out there is a recall on the front speakers, but heared from other post on this subject that they change out the front and the AMP and you lose all your base, confirmed it with my dealer so changed out all the speakers and did a compleate custom set up, love it now..
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
MARINE1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3350 View Post

yea take it to the dealer its covered under the warrenty and there is a recall on the front speakers....
Old 06-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
My speakers are loose and rattle all the time but if I put pressure on the door panel the rattle stops.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #7
MARINE1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
My speakers are loose and rattle all the time but if I put pressure on the door panel the rattle stops.
Its not loose its the same issue....
Old 06-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #8
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Mine are loose. Speakers are fine. There is a vibration with the material around it.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote