Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
JerseyToughCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Exclamation Drowning in my camaro... advice needed

Hey everyone. This is my first post on this site. I purchased a 2010 Camaro RS V6 with a six speed manual in May of 2010. A few months into owning it, I began to see water pooling up in the foot well of the driverside backseat. I brought it to 2 different dealerships for help. One kept the car for a few days and gave me a whole run around saying I left the windows open or i spilled. The other took me seriously and tore the car apart looking for the leak. While doing this, they found a tear in the door seal, and floor and fire wall panels which werent sealed. They kept the car for almost two weeks and fixed what they found. The next rainstorm, I was flooded out again in my car. They changed more seals, tore out the interior, and kept it for another week. Needless to say, with all the NJ rain we had recently, Im have my one inch deep pond on my floor again.
I sent a letter to GM threatening them with a lemon law suit. A lady called me from GM and stated that the regional director would contact me about an engineer being brough in to examine the car.
Honestly, I dont know what I should do. I have a feeling that GM is not trying to fix the issue. My car smells like must again even tho i vaccuum out the water and blow dry the rugs. My interior is so scratched and pinged from being taken out so many times. The door pannels and center console rattle now. I seriously want a buy back.
Has anyone else had this problem that can offer me advice? Does anyone else get water or has had a buy back?
JerseyToughCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Did they check the air conditioner condensate drain hose? There was a problem with that.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
JerseyToughCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Did they check the air conditioner condensate drain hose? There was a problem with that.
I seen that problem and suggested that to the dealership, they said that wasnt it. I also checked it on my own by running the AC on a hot day and checking to make sure it drains/drips out of the bottom of the car. Thanks for the suggestion
Old 06-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
on3fastss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS\RS
demand a buy back or a new one!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
on3fastss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=water+leak
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=water+leak
Old 06-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
May 2010 and your just now taking serious action...?
I'm hoping there's more to the story that you left out or some time gaps because if you're just now doing something about it it may be harder to drive your point across to them.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #7
JerseyToughCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
May 2010 and your just now taking serious action...?
I'm hoping there's more to the story that you left out or some time gaps because if you're just now doing something about it it may be harder to drive your point across to them.
I tried from the first time i noticed it. I brought it to a dealership where they told me they would hold it and look at it. They kept it for days and "could not reproduce the problem". I held off on the issue during the winter because it stopped. I picked back up with it as soon as the first puddle of the season appeared. I took it to another dealership with the new season and its been a year long process of trying to find the leak. I hope im not loosing time on it, but I have a case number with GM already so they do know about it. Im just at witts end now. Im at that point where im just ready to cut the loss and take the piss poor trade in the dealership is offering.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #8
JerseyToughCamaro

Thanks PAUL SS, I will deff bring this up with the regional manager. I appreciate it.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #9
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: '10 Camaro SS and 2LT
Look up Chevrolet Customer Service on here and give him a heads up... he's helped with other issues

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #10
Wanna-Play

Drives: 2012 camaro Silver 2-Lt
It is your ac drain hose almost for sure, mine did the same and filled the back seat floor. and the harder you run your ac the more water runs out, their is a bulletin about this.They have too pull out your seats and all too take out the rug is will be soaked, Not a pretty scene!!
Wanna-Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #11
JerseyToughCamaro

So my camaro is currently in the shop. This marks the 20th documented day its been in over 4 times. So GM flew in an engineer to figure this out. Lets see what happens, my faith at this point is slim. Its pretty bad that I had to buy a dewalt wet/dry vac to keep in my trunk for after it rains.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #12
on3fastss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS\RS
GL bro, hope it all works out well for you!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
on3fastss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #13
JerseyToughCamaro

okay, well for anyone still following this thread... GM agreed to buy back my camaro. I have to say, my case handler at GM customer service was a great help and went above and beyond my expectations. My dealership on the otherhand is a different story. They have dragged their feet the entire way and have fought me on the voluntary buy back the entire time. One decent guy at the dealership helped me out and is going to appraise it tomorrow.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #14
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

I will appraise it for you right now, the price you paid for it. Good luck with the buy back, will you get another Camaro?
Old 09-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #15
TooCool5
Resident Gearhead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
There is another thread on this somehwere.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:13 AM   #16
JerseyToughCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
I will appraise it for you right now, the price you paid for it. Good luck with the buy back, will you get another Camaro?
I paid about 32k after all things were said and done. I have 19600 miles exact. The other day they offered me 15k on it and i put up an argument and walked out saying i would see them in court. They called back today and said they have a "more generous offer". Im going later to find out how much their offering now. I really dont think i will stick with a camaro. I have been chevy guy my entire life so I will stay chevy. Im leaning twoard the chevy silverado quad cab. I deff will miss my camaro, but i cant deal with the water leak anymore. The biggest downside will be the slump in ladies I pick up and bring back to the man cave
Old 09-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #17
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS A6
Obviously this is a defective car.

If you get a decent offer, why not another Camaro, given that you like the car, just not the one you have now?

Obviously, the majority are not leaky.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #18
JerseyToughCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Obviously this is a defective car.

If you get a decent offer, why not another Camaro, given that you like the car, just not the one you have now?

Obviously, the majority are not leaky.
Yea, i know most arent leaky. Im just very up in the air right now. Each has its pros and cons. The 0% APR from truck month is very tempting tho. Im hopeing for the best later and that I get a decent offer. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #19
bowlmaria47

Drives: 2010rs
I own a 2010 RS and I'm having the same prob. My problem really is(now) that GM is telling me they have no "record or SR" of this happening with any other camaro. My SR # is 71-1115558841. Could I have yours so I can tell GM when they call me back that there are others and this needs to be addressed? Thx for any help you can give and maybe between the batch of us that do have this problem we can get it fixed.
bowlmaria47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #20
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
If you have a sun roof the drain hose is pinched. The have to trace the line and get whatever crimped it off. The drain hose is on the passenger side of the car. We had a guy here in town fighting the issue for 3 months till they figured out it was the drain hose.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #21
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlmaria47 View Post
I own a 2010 RS and I'm having the same prob. My problem really is(now) that GM is telling me they have no "record or SR" of this happening with any other camaro. My SR # is 71-1115558841. Could I have yours so I can tell GM when they call me back that there are others and this needs to be addressed? Thx for any help you can give and maybe between the batch of us that do have this problem we can get it fixed.

I will go ahead and document this interaction into your case to see if this helps them with additional information. We do apologize for any frustrations you may be experiencing.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, faulty, leak, lemon, warrenty