Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Old 06-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
IneedAZ

Drives: not enough power
Gas and a noticeable difference

I have been using 91-93 depending where i stop for gas. The past 3-4 weeks the car has been sluggish and not the feel i first remembered after putting the CAI in. I was using sunoco, then tried sams club, then shell and no noticeable improvements til yesterday i filled it with Hess and it is running 110% better. Amazing! Hard to say if the issues were limited to just the stations i used or if its the brands, but i found one that works and will make every effort to use that station.
2012: Vmax TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, RX catch can, HP Tune, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires, Ny-Trex Nitrous, and more. 345RWHP/354lbsTQ 12.8@108
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I really like Hess gas. I use it a lot in my travels but unfortunately I can't find it in south GA.
Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes
RX Catch Can
Heritage Grille
Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges
Emblem Pros Custom Retro SS Kickplates
Emblem Pros Under-hood Bowtie
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote