Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > ZL1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

ZL1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all ZL1 engine, exhaust, and bolt-on related parts.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
Ryan@Lingenfelter

Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28
Lingenfelter High Flow Camaro ZL1 Cold Air Intake LSA 2012-2013

The Lingenfelter High Flow Cold Air Intake for the supercharged Camaro ZL1 is the first upgrade every ZL1 owner needs to install. The Lingenfelter ZL1 air intake is a complete easy to install system that will boost engine performance by reducing air intake restrictions and with its unique design blocks hot air from your engine compartment by sealing to your hood. This is the same air intake system that was on the Lingenfelter ZL1 that was the first to dip into the 10s in the quarter-mile and the first ZL1 to go over 200 MPH with a 202.67 mph run. The Lingenfelter High Flow Air Intake uses a lifetime washable oiled filter to protect your engine without restricting airflow.

The Lingenfelter ZL1 Air Intake kit includes:
- Air Box designed to prevent hot engine compartment air from entering the engine
- Black powder coated aluminum air box adapter tube incorporates the stock MAF
- Utilizes a large six inch air filter mounting flange
- Heavy duty black plastic inlet air duct
- Installs easily using factory mounting points
- Will not cause SES codes and requires no tuning
- Lifetime washable oiled filter

Picture shows unpainted prototype tube

ZL1 air intake

Ryan
Attached Images

Ryan@Lingenfelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
Silverguardrail

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1448
On a stock ZL1, what am I looking at in terms of performance, will it need a tune etc...

Thanks

ZL1 - the true definition of joy ride
Silverguardrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #3
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverguardrail View Post
On a stock ZL1, what am I looking at in terms of performance, will it need a tune etc...

Thanks
From reading the post no tune will be needed. I guess you can expect a little more engine sound and probably around 15 additional horses. Knowing Lingenfelter probably more than 15 horses but I'm just guessing. I do know that I'm ordering one!
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
Mr.R

Drives: ZL1, Genesis, Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan@Lingenfelter View Post
The Lingenfelter High Flow Cold Air Intake for the supercharged Camaro ZL1 is the first upgrade every ZL1 owner needs to install. The Lingenfelter ZL1 air intake is a complete easy to install system that will boost engine performance by reducing air intake restrictions and with its unique design blocks hot air from your engine compartment by sealing to your hood. This is the same air intake system that was on the Lingenfelter ZL1 that was the first to dip into the 10s in the quarter-mile and the first ZL1 to go over 200 MPH with a 202.67 mph run. The Lingenfelter High Flow Air Intake uses a lifetime washable oiled filter to protect your engine without restricting airflow.

The Lingenfelter ZL1 Air Intake kit includes:
- Air Box designed to prevent hot engine compartment air from entering the engine
- Black powder coated aluminum air box adapter tube incorporates the stock MAF
- Utilizes a large six inch air filter mounting flange
- Heavy duty black plastic inlet air duct
- Installs easily using factory mounting points
- Will not cause SES codes and requires no tuning
- Lifetime washable oiled filter

Picture shows unpainted prototype tube

ZL1 air intake

Ryan

Ryan
Did you really mean no tuning??? Aparently everyone else says it definitely needs one.
In any case, I'm highly interested as I don't want to lose the warranty. I would just like to know the preformance numbers or a dyno chart for a manual.
Thanks!
Mr.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #5
DangerZL1

Drives: Accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
Ryan
Did you really mean no tuning??? Aparently everyone else says it definitely needs one.
In any case, I'm highly interested as I don't want to lose the warranty. I would just like to know the preformance numbers or a dyno chart for a manual.
Thanks!
He said it didn't need a tune, so I guess it doesn't. Like you, I'm wondering why all the other CAIs require a tune and this one doesn't. Maybe the position of the MAF has changed in the others.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
Mr.R

Drives: ZL1, Genesis, Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerouSS View Post
He said it didn't need a tune, so I guess it doesn't. Like you, I'm wondering why all the other CAIs require a tune and this one doesn't. Maybe the position of the MAF has changed in the others.

Maybe the power gains are minimal without a tune. then if I only get 10 more HP I won't spend $600 for a CAI. now if you can get it tuned after the warranty period passes and get 50HP out of it, then it's a different story.
Ryan, can you provide some feedback?
Mr.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:07 AM   #7
F-MAN-SS
F-MAN-SS

Drives: Blown 69' SS, 71' SS/RS 2012 ZL1
My understanding is a modified stock airbox with a K&N element will produce the same HP gains but it will need a tune
F-MAN-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #8
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
yes or no on the tune requirement?
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #9
Ryan@Lingenfelter

Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28
We have just finished up some further R&D on the ZL1 air intake and we have found that it DOES require a tune. Also, we have seen 20hp gains on our chassis dyno with this air intake.

Ryan
Ryan@Lingenfelter is offline   Reply With Quote