Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
JWoj3540

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6
Red GM Camaro Car Cover

Anyone have this cover? If so, how does it hold up outside? It's pretty pricey, but looks awesome. I would like to get an outdoor car cover for rain and crap falling from trees when I'm away on the weekends visiting people and not at home in my garage. I am a bit concerned about this cover in a way too though because it's pretty flashy and may attract some attention by the wrong people (i.e., criminals or kids looking to mess with sh*t) compared to a plain gray or tan one.

Please let me know your thoughts!
Attached Images

JWoj3540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Unless you want a lot of paint that needs correction, you need to put a clean cover on a just washed car...even then the wind can cause some damage...so being away means driving your car and it will be dirty when you try to cover it...cover may not be a good idea...
I would only use one on a garage queen that is just washed and is going to sit...if it is driven every day or two I would not bother with a cover...my 2...
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
JWoj3540

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
Unless you want a lot of paint that needs correction, you need to put a clean cover on a just washed car...even then the wind can cause some damage...so being away means driving your car and it will be dirty when you try to cover it...cover may not be a good idea...
I would only use one on a garage queen that is just washed and is going to sit...if it is driven every day or two I would not bother with a cover...my 2...
Hmm this is a great point. So you think I would be causing more damage to the paint when covering a mildly dirty car versus leaving it exposed to the elements (at my family's cottage there are huge trees that drop all kinds of crap on the car)??
JWoj3540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
There are better covers out there......

http://calcarcover.com/

They offer lots of different covers depending on your needs.

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
I have it and would not do it again. Ordered it with the car. There are better ones out there for the money.