Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #18
alanhurst
Master Chief
 
alanhurst's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefish View Post
Well as I expected he was a no show, so I guess I was correct in my Ass esment of the driver
I still had alot of fun and met a couple local forum members there , I got in 13 runs last night so lifes good today
he probably went to the Z forums,learned he was gonna get smoked and went and hid somewhere.
__________________
alanhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #19
Chiefish
 
Chiefish's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: northwest n.j.
Posts: 437
I made 13 runs, best was 12.889 @ 109.47 worst was 13.222 @107.76
60 foot times were best 1.963 to worst 2.144
I could definatly feel and hear the tires spinning in first and second gear as I ran on most of them. Great night out tho as always.
__________________
Fast cars and Fast computers
see my vintage CPU collection
www.chiefish.com
Chiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #20
45THSS6.2
 
Drives: 2012 45TH SS 6.2L Convert/2012 370Z
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 1
Smile 45THSS6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Maybe 3 have ever hit high 12s. He will run a mid 13. You will crush him.
I think NOT if you wanna creep up on my new 370Z. I will crush your 6.2 Camaro if it is stock. I own both 2012 45TH Anniversary 6.2 Liter SS Convertible Auto with Magnaflo CB exhaust, Airaide CAI, & tuned and 2012 370Z 6 S Manual with GT-Haus CB exhaust, Stillen 3rd Gen CAI & Stillen 25 Row Oil Cooler. Neither is stock but beware of the Z car cuz its a very nasty animal. A stock NISMO eats my dust. Hate to deflate your ego. I've had several new Camaros, TAs, Mustangs, Vettes and others. Love my Camaro but the Z is my fav daily driver. The Z is built better inside/out and is a track car not a muscle car for the drag strip. Thats why I own both since they serve two different purposes. Concern yourself with comparing your counterparts. Mustang and Challenger!
45THSS6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #21
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5
 
MichaelH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45THSS6.2 View Post
I think NOT if you wanna creep up on my new 370Z. I will crush your 6.2 Camaro if it is stock. I own both 2012 45TH Anniversary 6.2 Liter SS Convertible Auto with Magnaflo CB exhaust, Airaide CAI, & tuned and 2012 370Z 6 S Manual with GT-Haus CB exhaust, Stillen 3rd Gen CAI & Stillen 25 Row Oil Cooler. Neither is stock but beware of the Z car cuz its a very nasty animal. A stock NISMO eats my dust. Hate to deflate your ego. I've had several new Camaros, TAs, Mustangs, Vettes and others. Love my Camaro but the Z is my fav daily driver. The Z is built better inside/out and is a track car not a muscle car for the drag strip. Thats why I own both since they serve two different purposes. Concern yourself with comparing your counterparts. Mustang and Challenger!
Are you seriously saying your 370z is faster than your SS with pretty much the same mods? Either your a troll or you really have a v6 Camaro because no SS should lose to a 370 in a drag race.
__________________
2013 ZL1 M6 - Mods-in the works

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #22
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5
 
MichaelH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,495
Also deki has a 5.0 and his would stomp the 370
__________________
2013 ZL1 M6 - Mods-in the works

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #23
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,776
There was an I/e 370Z on DR's that ran 12.79 @ 108.7 here, don't sleep on them.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:18 AM   #24
VADER SS L99


 
VADER SS L99's Avatar
 
Drives: Z71, 2001 Trans Am, 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 2,908
mod for mod, driver for driver in a drag race the SS will beat a 370Z. End thread. Not even debateable.
__________________
BLK/BLK 1SS/RS Ordered 11-01-2009 Took delivery 12-22-2009. Heads/cam/converter/bolt ons. SOLD Feb 2015 to fund 6th gen LT1 SS with 8L90E.
VADER SS L99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:20 AM   #25
L99CAMA2011


 
L99CAMA2011's Avatar
 
Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Masachusetts
Posts: 3,441
That's what they should run with those mods and auto L99 SS are slugs I had one and even with intake, tune and headers it still ain't as fast as my current LS3 2012 with just Rotofab intake and exhaust , stock tune and slipping clutch, fact.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:21 AM   #26
Deki

 
Deki's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45THSS6.2 View Post
I think NOT if you wanna creep up on my new 370Z. I will crush your 6.2 Camaro if it is stock. I own both 2012 45TH Anniversary 6.2 Liter SS Convertible Auto with Magnaflo CB exhaust, Airaide CAI, & tuned and 2012 370Z 6 S Manual with GT-Haus CB exhaust, Stillen 3rd Gen CAI & Stillen 25 Row Oil Cooler. Neither is stock but beware of the Z car cuz its a very nasty animal. A stock NISMO eats my dust. Hate to deflate your ego. I've had several new Camaros, TAs, Mustangs, Vettes and others. Love my Camaro but the Z is my fav daily driver. The Z is built better inside/out and is a track car not a muscle car for the drag strip. Thats why I own both since they serve two different purposes. Concern yourself with comparing your counterparts. Mustang and Challenger!
You're not crushing a 5th gen anything, even stock, unless someone sleeps at the light. Even on a road course, and especially with the FE4 suspension updates they got in 2012, a stock SS will beat your 370Z. And a 370Z a track car? Please. Last track test I cared to read about that hunk of shit, it ate a wall at VIR due to a brake failure...I'm sure track cars are not supposed to do that. You bought into the hype, congratulations. Concern yourself with comparing your counterparts, the FRS and the Miata, you're outclassed here in every way by any SS. And built better inside and out? Lol I came from a G37S Coupe, and while using better materials, it's definitely not built better, and 370Z even less so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
Also deki has a 5.0 and his would stomp the 370
Ahhh Camaro and Mustang owner getting along, wtf is going on here!?
__________________
2011 GT Premium//Performance White...a little modded
Deki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:30 AM   #27
Mick1
 
Drives: 2013 2SS LS3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: California
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
What is nismo vs non-nismo?
I traded in a 370z Nismo for a 2SS.
Nismo is a base 370z with a body kit and some extra horsepower

this is a Nismo:
Attached Images
 
Mick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #28
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5
 
MichaelH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Ahhh Camaro and Mustang owner getting along, wtf is going on here!?
Haha idk I think we're drinking that special water again lol
__________________
2013 ZL1 M6 - Mods-in the works

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #29
mikeSS


 
mikeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2015 c7
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 7,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
You're not crushing a 5th gen anything, even stock, unless someone sleeps at the light. Even on a road course, and especially with the FE4 suspension updates they got in 2012, a stock SS will beat your 370Z. And a 370Z a track car? Please. Last track test I cared to read about that hunk of shit, it ate a wall at VIR due to a brake failure...I'm sure track cars are not supposed to do that. You bought into the hype, congratulations. Concern yourself with comparing your counterparts, the FRS and the Miata, you're outclassed here in every way by any SS. And built better inside and out? Lol I came from a G37S Coupe, and while using better materials, it's definitely not built better, and 370Z even less so.
I can see a SS beating a Z on some tracks, but no way is the SS going to feel as good going around a track. I simply do not believe it. The 370z is lighter and easier to see out of. Steering feel in the camaro is terrible also. or maybe i have gotten to use to European cars now. either way i hate it.

another thing the Z and SS are not made for the track, they are made for the road. You really don't think there is a SS out there that had a part fail on a track ? each car has there faults.

Again the SS might be faster, but i would bet the Z is going to be more enjoyable. after owning a SS and driving a 370z.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #30
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5
 
MichaelH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
I can see a SS beating a Z on some tracks, but no way is the SS going to feel as good going around a track. I simply do not believe it. The 370z is lighter and easier to see out of. Steering feel in the camaro is terrible also. or maybe i have gotten to use to European cars now. either way i hate it.

another thing the Z and SS are not made for the track, they are made for the road. You really don't think there is a SS out there that had a part fail on a track ? each car has there faults.

Again the SS might be faster, but i would bet the Z is going to be more enjoyable. after owning a SS and driving a 370z.
The 1LE was made for the track. Also that's all a matter of a opinion on which car would be more fun. We're just stating the the 370 will not beat the Campari in a drag race
__________________
2013 ZL1 M6 - Mods-in the works

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #31
ehab
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro zl1 11.9 @ 116
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Brunswick, N.J
Posts: 44
very impressive for a stock. How do you launch your car ? What tire pressure? What rpm do u shift at ? My best 60 ft was a 2.11 and I can't seem to beat it.
ehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #32
Deki

 
Deki's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
I can see a SS beating a Z on some tracks, but no way is the SS going to feel as good going around a track. I simply do not believe it. The 370z is lighter and easier to see out of. Steering feel in the camaro is terrible also. or maybe i have gotten to use to European cars now. either way i hate it.

another thing the Z and SS are not made for the track, they are made for the road. You really don't think there is a SS out there that had a part fail on a track ? each car has there faults.

Again the SS might be faster, but i would bet the Z is going to be more enjoyable. after owning a SS and driving a 370z.
I'm not talking about "feel", I'm talking about performance. An FRS/BRZ "feels" better than most cars above it's price range, but it doesn't beat them in performance. A stock FE4 SS, and I would say even an FE3 SS, would beat the 370z. For the price of a 370Z with a sport package you can get a 1LE, and that is not even a contest. Not bad for a car with 4 seats, that weights 500lbs more, performs better, and gets better gas mileage. I like the 370Z, but it's not in the same class as new GTs and SSs. Hell, the 2010 GT with the track pack was faster then the 370Z, and the 2010 track pack suspension is the base suspension for 2011 and newer GTs.
__________________
2011 GT Premium//Performance White...a little modded
Deki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #33
mikeSS


 
mikeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2015 c7
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 7,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
The 1LE was made for the track. Also that's all a matter of a opinion on which car would be more fun. We're just stating the the 370 will not beat the Campari in a drag race
people use the term made for track way to easily.

The way people need to start talking is this, the car was made with the track in mind.

a car made for the track is going to be loud, rock hard suspension, roll rages, etc... not street legal.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #34
Bad70supreme


 
Bad70supreme's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: plainfield, IL
Posts: 2,692
If you loose to a stock Z in a SS its time to ask yourself what kind of man you are! Lol
__________________
11.47@119 H/C stock block N/A
On the quest for 10s N/A
Bad70supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.