Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Old 03-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #51
RenegadeSS

Drives: Camaro LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefish View Post
Hey im curious which would win a drag race.
This d bag was driving like an idiot in traffic yesterday on my way home from work, cut me off and a few others changing lanes like he was going somewhere while his head was bobbing to some awful sounding music. I got along side of him and gave him the old high sign from the little rascals and he told me I was a little gay for that. I laughed in his face and told him he was gay and so was his car and if he wanted to see how much his car could really do I would be more then happy to meet him at the local dragstrip.
He said he would tonight and I am definatly going tonight so I just want to get an idea of how fast these cars are. my best run so far is a 12.8 109.9 mph. But I also just put in the new MAF sensor a couple days ago and feel it pulls harder then it did before. Whats your opinions, and of course I dont mind getting beat if thats how it turns out but he didnt look like he was much of a driver in his traffic driving so I might be the better driver in this case.
What strip you going to? Ever since I came back home, I've been looking for a good drag strip.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #52
Deki

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
VQ37 is awesome engine. Here's a stock G37 sedan is 13.09 @ 106.3. 300 lb lighter 370Z with bolt ons and tune + good driver is solid 12 second car.

That run is definitely an outlier, most of those cars run mid 13s stock @103mph. The 370Z is definitely a contender when bolted and tuned, but stock for stock, it gets smashed. Handling, it "feels" better like someone said earlier, but any car with a near 50/50 weight distribution and a well sorted IRS like the Z should. They are nice cars, and much more of a purist sports car then the Camaro or the Mustang class, but it just shows how far the American car market has come in the last few years. We also have to realize that the 370z is built on an older platform, and when it came out in 09 it was pretty much the sports car to have for the money.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #53
IDriveAV6

Drives: 2012 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45THSS6.2 View Post
I think NOT if you wanna creep up on my new 370Z. I will crush your 6.2 Camaro if it is stock. I own both 2012 45TH Anniversary 6.2 Liter SS Convertible Auto with Magnaflo CB exhaust, Airaide CAI, & tuned and 2012 370Z 6 S Manual with GT-Haus CB exhaust, Stillen 3rd Gen CAI & Stillen 25 Row Oil Cooler. Neither is stock but beware of the Z car cuz its a very nasty animal. A stock NISMO eats my dust. Hate to deflate your ego. I've had several new Camaros, TAs, Mustangs, Vettes and others. Love my Camaro but the Z is my fav daily driver. The Z is built better inside/out and is a track car not a muscle car for the drag strip. Thats why I own both since they serve two different purposes. Concern yourself with comparing your counterparts. Mustang and Challenger!

I work at Nissan. Guys that come in with Z's with Stillens sound mean; not gonna lie about that haha.
IDriveAV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #54
pgviper

Drives: 67' Pro Touring Camaro
Send a message via AIM to pgviper
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
VQ37 is awesome engine. Here's a stock G37 sedan is 13.09 @ 106.3. 300 lb lighter 370Z with bolt ons and tune + good driver is solid 12 second car.

Sorry man but that is the exception, not the rule.
pgviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #55
Blue70SS

Drives: 2010 LS3Camaro2SSRS IOM in/out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
You're not crushing a 5th gen anything, even stock, unless someone sleeps at the light. Even on a road course, and especially with the FE4 suspension updates they got in 2012, a stock SS will beat your 370Z. And a 370Z a track car? Please. Last track test I cared to read about that hunk of shit, it ate a wall at VIR due to a brake failure...I'm sure track cars are not supposed to do that. You bought into the hype, congratulations. Concern yourself with comparing your counterparts, the FRS and the Miata, you're outclassed here in every way by any SS. And built better inside and out? Lol I came from a G37S Coupe, and while using better materials, it's definitely not built better, and 370Z even less so.

Ahhh Camaro and Mustang owner getting along, wtf is going on here!?
FWIW, I haven't read this whole thread - but the NISMO 370Z reaaalllly hugs the corners. I bought a 2011 a year ago for my wife and I must admit it feels like a great road course car ..... can't say the same for the 1/4 mile (about a second slower - like the Challengers) Supercharge or turbo the car and it would just be silly fun on a road course. I tell my wife all the time, she really only needs the brakes for stopping LOL.
boosted LPE Twin Pump,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #56
MrSEO

Drives: Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8
I've driven both back to back recently, and here's my impressions:

The camaro is more of a highway cruiser. It'll turn, but even going up a freeway onramp didn't inspire confidence. When you see a sharp turn up ahead, you instinctively brake a lot more than you would on the 370z. You can really feel the car's weight on corners and the steering feel reflects a lot of that. the non 1LE camaro's suspension didn't feel quite as responsive as the 370Z. Honestly, to me it felt like I was driving a motor and the transmission instead of driving the entire car. The motor itself is very relaxed and feels comfortable (to me at least) under 3K rpm. After 3K rpm I felt like I was really pushing the car.

The Z on the other hand is (to me at least) the definition of a canyon carver. Fantastic steering response, suspension makes you really feel every bit of the road. On freeway offramps, I felt like I really didn't HAVE to brake at all. The VQ motor LOVES to rev and I found myself at 4K rpms just trying to get to freeway speeds. This makes me feel like the car isn't going to be as quick in an all out race as compared to the Camaro, since the Camaro did the same job without pushing past 3K. At the same time, the VQ motor's propensity to rev makes me feel like you'd stay in the powerband a lot more often in the canyons.

Drag race - Camaro wins...not even close.
Autox - 370z wins
Track - 370z wins in small, tight, technical tracks; Camaro wins in tracks with some straightaways.
Daily Driver - Camaro for back seats and more room
Canyon carving - 370z wins

I guess in the end it all depends on what you're looking for. The 370z feels like it's more track-prepped and really shows how exhilarating taking a corner at 2 or 3 times the posted speed limit feels. The Camaro feels like it would be a lot easier to live with if you're going to be grabbing groceries, picking people up, etc. Also, the Camaro is no doubt a LOT faster in anything resembling a straight line and responds so much better to mods dollar for dollar that it's ridiculous. I'm sure anyone who comes from an asian NA V6 car agrees with me when I say that the only mod that REALLY makes power is boost. Add a cam for $800+ and you'll see maybe 15-20 rwhp? Maybe? Full intake and exhaust will net you maybe 20-30 hp? That said, they're both excellent cars and Im lucky to be cross-shopping them right now.
MrSEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #57
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Drove em all and just want to say after my current suspension setup..... I love my SS .
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #58
OverZeaLouS

Drives: 11'Zsprt,11 12,altima2.5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
Are you seriously saying your 370z is faster than your SS with pretty much the same mods? Either your a troll or you really have a v6 Camaro because no SS should lose to a 370 in a drag race.
In a SS, I think you're being overconfident. In a 1LE, You would be so right.

But if you took the SS against the Z for a half mile... The Z has no chance.
OverZeaLouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #59
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
those 370Zs are no joke
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #60
bowtieguyvegas

Drives: 2012 RS/SS and 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
That's what they should run with those mods and auto L99 SS are slugs I had one and even with intake, tune and headers it still ain't as fast as my current LS3 2012 with just Rotofab intake and exhaust , stock tune and slipping clutch, fact.
bowtieguyvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #61
bowtieguyvegas

Drives: 2012 RS/SS and 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
You're not crushing a 5th gen anything, even stock, unless someone sleeps at the light. Even on a road course, and especially with the FE4 suspension updates they got in 2012, a stock SS will beat your 370Z. And a 370Z a track car? Please. Last track test I cared to read about that hunk of shit, it ate a wall at VIR due to a brake failure...I'm sure track cars are not supposed to do that. You bought into the hype, congratulations. Concern yourself with comparing your counterparts, the FRS and the Miata, you're outclassed here in every way by any SS. And built better inside and out? Lol I came from a G37S Coupe, and while using better materials, it's definitely not built better, and 370Z even less so.

Ahhh Camaro and Mustang owner getting along, wtf is going on here!?
I like it
bowtieguyvegas is offline   Reply With Quote