Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
Cpanthers85

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Puzzled

I need some advice/input.

I have a 2011 2SS with headers, CAI and tune. I also have the pfadt drag 1 package installed (rear diff bushing, trailing arms, sway, toe, and solid subframe)

After I had the pfadt stuff installed I noticed my rear makes a howling noise when I go around a corner real slow, or am backing out of a parking spot/driveway. I also noticed that in stop and go traffic the rear will clunk at slow mph when I hit the accelerator when I'm already creeping. I noticed a lot of play in the rear when I changed the fluid... And when I say play, I'm talking about having the rear jacked up and the tires will spin about an inch in either direction before they "lock" if I have it in park.

So should I try and get this warrantied? I'm about to supercharge the beast anyway, and will prob need to rebuild it with stronger axles and diff gears anyway...so should I just have it rebuilt?

Anyone else have problems with the factory diff?

Please note that I am in Noway accusing pfadt... I think the problem has always been there and I'm just noticing it now cuz of the stiffer bushings.

Thanks in advance!

Mods: Kooks Long Tube Headers, RotoFaB EForce CAI, American Thunder Catback Exhaust, PFADT Stage 1 Drag Kit + Front Sway Bar, GM Strut Tower Bar. ZL1 Fuel Pump. Nitto NT05R. RX Catch Can.LS9 Cam and Springs.LS3 Conversion.JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade.Edelbrock Eforce.60# Eforce Injectors.Extreme Racing Tune. 523/495

MY BUILD THREAD
Cpanthers85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:47 AM   #2
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
So what happened?

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote