Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SMGSS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
trans665

Drives: 2010 2ss
wet harness behind dash??

i took my 2ss/rs to the dealership om Monday, the (reserve engine power)came on the dash, and the car started shaking like crazy...
the service person said a wet harness behind the dash was the cause, they took off the whole dash, dried the harness and fixed where the water was coming in.( this is what I'm told )
they tell me my warranty does not cover this?? sounds like it was a factory defect... whats the deal

i pick up my car on Monday, now I'm getting a new power steering unit put in, the stocker fried...

my question is.. does anyone have any insight on this fix by Chevy,why do i have to pay for a job that should of been a recall??!!
trans665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:34 AM   #2
greenmachinedriver

Drives: white 2010 ss and 2011 6.2 silvy
There must be some reason they dont want to cover it. Have you had the windshield replaced? body work done? Are you still within bumper to bumper warranty? you need to.male them ecplain why its not coverd.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:10 AM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by trans665 View Post
i took my 2ss/rs to the dealership om Monday, the (reserve engine power)came on the dash, and the car started shaking like crazy...
the service person said a wet harness behind the dash was the cause, they took off the whole dash, dried the harness and fixed where the water was coming in.( this is what I'm told )
they tell me my warranty does not cover this?? sounds like it was a factory defect... whats the deal

i pick up my car on Monday, now I'm getting a new power steering unit put in, the stocker fried...

my question is.. does anyone have any insight on this fix by Chevy,why do i have to pay for a job that should of been a recall??!!
I apologize for your frustrations with this issue. I can look into this further for you if you want to provide me with your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership. I look forward to your PM.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote