Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #35
GFORCE1320

 
Drives: 05 GTO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Very familiar! Cant wait to get it back out and start beating on the setup again....this time with over 800rwhp! Hopefully the new motor will hold up! HKE has my dragon slayer and thats the only piece we have been waiting for.

Steve the the SNL Performance crew will be setting everything up....hopefully will be driving in a month!
Cool, I bet your ready to drive her again.


Check out the new 35 spline stubs just back from getting the aerospace e-coat black coating

GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:21 AM   #36
se7en

 
Drives: 87 Pinto on 32's
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
Cool, I bet your ready to drive her again.


Check out the new 35 spline stubs just back from getting the aerospace e-coat black coating

I WANT 35 spline with aerospace e-coat black coating!!!
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #37
GFORCE1320

 
Drives: 05 GTO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
I WANT 35 spline with aerospace e-coat black coating!!!
You got it bud, the housings and brackets get powder coat but the stubs and axles all get the e-coat finish. Years later and your parts you paid all this money for still look brand new

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:48 AM   #38
se7en

 
Drives: 87 Pinto on 32's
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
You got it bud, the housings and brackets get powder coat but the stubs and axles all get the e-coat finish. Years later and your parts you paid all this money for still look brand new

Thanks
Chris
Thats awesome man!! Thank you
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #39
GFORCE1320

 
Drives: 05 GTO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 1,244
I've talked about this before, there is a considerable amount of strain put on the center section of an IRS rear.
When we put our 9" kit to the test in our GTO shop car, we were able bend the front mount when launching off the trans brake at 5500 rpms. The front mount on that kit is 1/4" thick, same thickness as our Camaro front mount. We are adding gussets to make it stronger for the GTO.
The Camaro mounts different and the loads are applied differently but you get the idea.
That is the reason we make such a bullet proof housing and use the heavy duty Pro-Iron case.
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #40
etmx183

 
etmx183's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS, 04 Turbo Busa
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 1,430
Not the biggest market but anything for the 2012 A6 3.6L Camaros? Looking to go posi and gears.
__________________
CAI intake, RX catch can, Nitrous Outlet Plate system, RX Ported Throttle body, APEX air scoop, SOLO HFCs, JacFab ported manifold and upper intake isolator, Solo cat back Mach X system, 3.91 gears, Weld RT-S, 1 piece DSS driveshaft Stall convertor by:CIRCLE D

TUNING BY:MagnumForce / HP Tuners
13.407@101.72 N/A 11/21/2015
HP Tuners /MATT@FSP
12.03@115.69 nitrous
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #41
GFORCE1320

 
Drives: 05 GTO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
Not the biggest market but anything for the 2012 A6 3.6L Camaros? Looking to go posi and gears.
I bet we could come up with something. I dont have a v6 set of axles so I would have to get a set to see how they are different.

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #42
JLE58

 
Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ROCKMART, GA
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
I've talked about this before, there is a considerable amount of strain put on the center section of an IRS rear.
When we put our 9" kit to the test in our GTO shop car, we were able bend the front mount when launching off the trans brake at 5500 rpms. The front mount on that kit is 1/4" thick, same thickness as our Camaro front mount. We are adding gussets to make it stronger for the GTO.
The Camaro mounts different and the loads are applied differently but you get the idea.
That is the reason we make such a bullet proof housing and use the heavy duty Pro-Iron case.
Chris that aluminum housing with a pro strange or moser thru bolt aluminum case sounds like the ticket for me for sure.. I'm all about dropping some weight on my 9 inch.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #43
GFORCE1320

 
Drives: 05 GTO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
Chris that aluminum housing with a pro strange or moser thru bolt aluminum case sounds like the ticket for me for sure.. I'm all about dropping some weight on my 9 inch.
It's going to be a strong unit, it may be aluminum but there is lots of material where it counts.
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #44
Addiction
It's not just a hobby!
 
Addiction's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Jax, FL.
Posts: 1,498
How long does it take to get once you have ordered?
Addiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #45
GFORCE1320

 
Drives: 05 GTO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
How long does it take to get once you have ordered?
Really depends on what we have in work at the time.
Right now we have 12 kits about to finish up that are all spoken for.
If you were to order today your looking at 3 week lead times. We are starting to get caught up more every week so here in about 3 weeks we should have the lead time down to 1 week.
It takes Strange 7-10 days usually to build a pumpkin, quicker if we press them on it but usually 7-10 days.
We normally run 9" kit axles and stubs in batches of 10 at a time on our cnc machines so if you want to get your name on one then please give us a call.
A new batch is starting Monday.

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #46
Addiction
It's not just a hobby!
 
Addiction's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Jax, FL.
Posts: 1,498
Thanks for the info! Mine just got sent out so it should be in by next week! Can't wait to see it!

Last edited by Addiction; 06-22-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Addiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #47
GFORCE1320

 
Drives: 05 GTO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 1,244
Thanks for the phone calls, PM's and orders guys!
Seems to be lots of interest in our 9" kits.

Also had a very interesting chat with the guys at Strange on the Pro-Iron pumpkins we have been using. We have to date ordered 99 built pumpkins from Strange and not one has been sent back. Not a single one..
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #48
TornadoSS
WICKDSS
 
TornadoSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IOM LS3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 1,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
Thanks for the phone calls, PM's and orders guys!
Seems to be lots of interest in our 9" kits.

Also had a very interesting chat with the guys at Strange on the Pro-Iron pumpkins we have been using. We have to date ordered 99 built pumpkins from Strange and not one has been sent back. Not a single one..
That is kick ass!! :beer:
__________________
2011 IOM SS/RS, M6. Look up our all generation Camaro club website at Heartland Camaros
Gforce Engineering Drivetrain, ECS 1500 Supercharger, TSP Cam, Alky Controls Meth single nozzle. 91 octane, 698 RWHP 625 rwtq. 4200#+, Tuned by Justin "Justune" Kalwei
11.57 @ 126.8 mph with a crappy 1.80 60'.....still learning to drive....M&H DR's and skinnies on 17" Welds.
TornadoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #49
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!
 
BullF-16's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Texas
Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
Thanks for the phone calls, PM's and orders guys!
Seems to be lots of interest in our 9" kits.

Also had a very interesting chat with the guys at Strange on the Pro-Iron pumpkins we have been using. We have to date ordered 99 built pumpkins from Strange and not one has been sent back. Not a single one..
Research pays off! Thanks Chris and GForce this drivetrain is better than anticipated! My Pat G cam went to be ground today. just got off the phone with Erik and HKE....he called me!!! Motor is going together now. Chris, may be calling you for a 4" DS. But i have a feeling my 3.5 in will suffice for a while with the D1SC
__________________
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, MCLeod RXT clutch, 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #50
GFORCE1320

 
Drives: 05 GTO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 1,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoSS View Post
That is kick ass!! :beer:
I have beer in the shop fridge, swing by about 5:30 for beer thirty LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Research pays off! Thanks Chris and GForce this drivetrain is better than anticipated! My Pat G cam went to be ground today. just got off the phone with Erik and HKE....he called me!!! Motor is going together now. Chris, may be calling you for a 4" DS. But i have a feeling my 3.5 in will suffice for a while with the D1SC
That's great bud! I'm sure the 3.5" shaft will hold up just fine
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #51
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
Thanks for the info! Mine just got sent out so it should be in by next week! Can't wait to see it!
It was great talking to you at the Great American Car Wars filming...
Glad to see that you went with the GForce setup.
You will be happy you did.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
I have beer in the shop fridge, swing by about 5:30 for beer thirty LOL
Hey, can I get one of those beers ?

Just got the SST back last night. After we get the 345's mounted we will really be happy we went with those GForce Outlaw parts.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.