Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2012, 04:20 AM   #1
camarozzzz

 
Drives: Blue
Join Date: May 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 1,058
Bottom of steering wheel

The leather at the bottom of my steering wheel is peeling off. This is the bottom part of the steering wheel.

http://image.motortrend.com/f/299349...ring-wheel.jpg

You see that bottom of the wheel where the leather goes up in a almost mountain shape into that plastic slotting. Well mine has peeled right back and off. The whole flap is exposed off the plastic. Any solutions on how to fix this?? What type of glue to use?
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:55 AM   #2
nytrorcr
 
nytrorcr's Avatar
 
Drives: I.P.C. 2SS vert, 21 wheels
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cookeville, TN but Just above Atlanta, GA for now
Posts: 152
Service dept appt., should be warranty?
nytrorcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:41 AM   #3
camarozzzz

 
Drives: Blue
Join Date: May 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by nytrorcr View Post
Service dept appt., should be warranty?
Ya it is under warranty.

I have already went, they claimed to have fixed it, but then when I got home day after the repairs it was not touched at all. All they did was push the leather back into the spot without securing it. Literally just pushed it back into the slot it goes in and told me its fixed...so I am kinda annoyed by the service I received from them...
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
Frank_SS
 
Frank_SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 86
I just took my 2010 in for the same reason but my leather was coming off above the sterring wheel conrrols on both sides..they replaced the whole steering wheel
Frank_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarozzzz View Post
Ya it is under warranty.

I have already went, they claimed to have fixed it, but then when I got home day after the repairs it was not touched at all. All they did was push the leather back into the spot without securing it. Literally just pushed it back into the slot it goes in and told me its fixed...so I am kinda annoyed by the service I received from them...
I apologize for the dissatisfaction that you have with your steering wheel. If you would like me to look into this further for you, please send me details on your service appointment. Also send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership. I look forward to your reply.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
camarozzzz

 
Drives: Blue
Join Date: May 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I apologize for the dissatisfaction that you have with your steering wheel. If you would like me to look into this further for you, please send me details on your service appointment. Also send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership. I look forward to your reply.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
I appreciate that, thank you!! I am actually going to drive down there today and talk to the individual who helped me and show him that they never really fixed it when I came in.

If it does not get resolved today I will be in contact with you.
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
camarozzzz

 
Drives: Blue
Join Date: May 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_SS View Post
I just took my 2010 in for the same reason but my leather was coming off above the sterring wheel conrrols on both sides..they replaced the whole steering wheel
I do not believe that I need a whole new wheel, as its just that one piece that slid out of place. But I was very annoyed as it almost caused me to have a accident because I grabbed the wheel there to turn and the leather came right out and I lost the grip on the wheel.

I feel that when I mentioned the problem to the individual working in that area he kind of seemed to smirk almost as if I was just bringing him really mediocre problems and not really anything that is serious. It might be because I am a young guy and he just assumed the car was bought for me - which it was not...
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
20112SSIOM
 
20112SSIOM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS IOM M6
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Washington
Posts: 27
Happend to me so I took it in to my local dealer. 1 week later I had a brand new wheel free of charge! Love my dealer!
20112SSIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #9
camarozzzz

 
Drives: Blue
Join Date: May 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20112SSIOM View Post
Happend to me so I took it in to my local dealer. 1 week later I had a brand new wheel free of charge! Love my dealer!
I sent them a email yesterday still no reply. I am going to wash my car up today or tomorrow then head on over there and talk to them in person. I am hoping they are just super busy and did not have a chance to get to my email.

If they don't take me seriously, well, that will be the last time I do business with them.
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20112SSIOM View Post
Happend to me so I took it in to my local dealer. 1 week later I had a brand new wheel free of charge! Love my dealer!
That is awesome! If you would like me to contact your dealership to relay the great feedback, please feel free to send me details via PM!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #11
wjmeyer
 
wjmeyer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS, 2LT/RJT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 54
I got the same problem in my 2011 RS. I will let you know how I make out at the dealer next week. If they just tuck it back in, I won't be happy.

Update: on 10-16, my dealer replaced the steering wheel (ordered it a week ago), the new wheel looks great, hopefully the leather piece on the bottom wheel will not come loose after my 3-yr. warranty period passes a year from now.

Last edited by wjmeyer; 10-18-2012 at 09:06 AM.
wjmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmeyer View Post
I got the same problem in my 2011 RS. I will let you know how I make out at the dealer next week. If they just tuck it back in, I won't be happy.
Please let us know any updates that you have in regards to this issue. We are here at your convenience!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.