Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #1
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Low Voltage

I spoke with a guy at the audio shop down the road and he said that my amp was not being fully powered by the headunit because it was only getting half a volt. This doesnt sound right to me but then he tried to sell me a Lc2i or something like that and said it would then convert the voltage to where it should be to fully power my amp and sub. Is this a line of BS or does this sound legit? I have the feeling I was trying to be sold somethign I dont need
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
black12lt

Drives: black 1lt 2012
YouTube or Google the audiocontrol lc2i and lc6i. American made company. It does what he says it will, takes low voltage signals, turns them to high voltage preouts that you'd get from an aftermarket radio, allowing the amp to have more power and for the gains to be turned down, running the amp more efficiently. To the best of my knowledge, its essentally a line driver and loc combined. It's very Legit and works. Is the guy correct,? yes most likely. Do you need it, matter of opinion? I plan on getting one. The YouTube vids and info I read online in other forums sold me on it. Read all.the reviews on crutchfield about it too.
black12lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
Kevinshawnm
Biggz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 Rally Yellow
Are you using the factory headunit?
Kevinshawnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Thanks, the guy I had spoke to before was throwing out all these extras so I wasnt sure. Talked to another tech today and he said its not needed but will improve sound as with what you mentioned. Ill probably ugrade to it
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
I've measured the speaker output from my non-ba head unit, and it was significantly more than 1/2 a volt. I believe it was around 10v. When I set the gains and input level on my amp, I had to use the high-level input setting for my amp, because the voltage was too high to use the signal level input.

Bottom line: I disagree with the LC6i recommendation. It's unnecessary for several reasons. You don't have the BA system and therefore don't need any of the summing functions the LC6i offers, and you don't have a need for and shouldn't use an LOC. Now, if he were recommending a nice signal processor like the MS-8, there could be an argument for that.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote