Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
Matt8892

Drives: White 2002 Saturn L300
Quick polishing order question

So i have polished my car and my fathers car. I used Adams SHR then FMP then the sealant, and after 24 hours followed up with Meguires carnuba. Im about to tackled the back of our 37 ft motorhome which is annilihated with scratches. (i was young, stupid, and uneducated and used a water blade on the back before even washing it once 6 years ago. so i ordered up some Severe SHR.

Main Question:

When using severe swirl and haze remover, does it have to be followed up with Regular shr? Or can i jump right to polishing? Thanks guys.
Matt8892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
You can pull that off with good technique if the clear is soft enough so try it and see. You will need to work the SSHR until the swirls are almost completely gone then move to FMP. If the FMP doesnt clean everything up then you will have to step back up to SHR, then finish with FMP.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster

Drives: Shinier than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt8892 View Post
So i have polished my car and my fathers car. I used Adams SHR then FMP then the sealant, and after 24 hours followed up with Meguires carnuba. Im about to tackled the back of our 37 ft motorhome which is annilihated with scratches. (i was young, stupid, and uneducated and used a water blade on the back before even washing it once 6 years ago. so i ordered up some Severe SHR.

Main Question:

When using severe swirl and haze remover, does it have to be followed up with Regular shr? Or can i jump right to polishing? Thanks guys.
Tackling a 37 foot motor home with a PC? You're crazy! Lol

I would just step it down in order. Do a three step polish. I think you'll end up saving time in the long run, instead of going SSHR, fmp, then realizing you have to go back to SHR and then FMP again.

Give it a little tappy tap
Old 06-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
Matt8892

Drives: White 2002 Saturn L300
The back is all i want to hit with the SSHR. Its by far the worst. I hit the front already, and the shine is out of control.
Matt8892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #5
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Tackling a 37 foot motor home with a PC? You're crazy! Lol

I would just step it down in order. Do a three step polish. I think you'll end up saving time in the long run, instead of going SSHR, fmp, then realizing you have to go back to SHR and then FMP again.

Give it a little tappy tap
This. Especially if they're deeper scratches. Btw, the Flex might be a quicker tool for this job but if the PC is you're only choice, be patience.