Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
trooper182

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT yellow non RS
Screwed up while working on the car

So I was working on the car today and had to disconnect the throttle body connection. Well after I was done working on the car I went to start it to double check my work and after walking back to the engine bay I saw my error, forgot to reconnect the throttle body sensor. At that exact moment the car started to run rough. So got back in the car and saw this message "Engine Reduced Power". Shut the car off and reconnected the throttle connection. Started it back up and it ran fine. Message went away but then the service stabilitrac message came on for about a minute then went away. After that the check engine light came on. Had onstar run the code and it showed a issue with the throttle body. So I know the reason the check engine light is on because I forgot to reconnect the connection before starting. Will the cel go away on its own or will I have to take it in to have it cleared. Is there a way I can do it?
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
trooper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
It will go away but the fault code will still be in the computer. You can go to pep boys or autozone and have them clear it.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
BOSS_HOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I did the same...but after I plugged it back in there was no issues. Maybe try disconnecting the battery overnight then restarting...
2010 2SS/RS 1 7/8" Long Tube American Racing Headers w/high flow cats, Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, MGW Shifter, JRE 445 Street Cam Package tuned via SCT, Pedders Street 1 Kit.
BOSS_HOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
Parag

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS LS3
itll go away. i had to turn on the ignition while my throttle body was disconnected. all cleared away, ran fine.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #5
solo3445

Drives: My SS2................
I have to clear the code....