Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
blackswan

Drives: Yes
It's a Miracle!

My new washing strategy. Fill with soap and water and set to Fan spray to soak car in bubbles and then Shower setting for a soaping while you wash.

Black car and I am picky but also don't have time for the 4 hour rituals anymore.

Have to say I used Dawn in prep for claying and polishing and it worked very well as a sudser. But it also doesn't seem to really remove wax as we,l as people claim. Water was beading very well during rinse off and sheeted well. Credit to Nxt?

Anyway it was fun and made this chore easier by a long shot!

blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
The idea has been around for awhile on what you have been doing and the idea of the foam gun might have come from it too. I wouldn't use too much dawn because it can and will start drying your rubber trim piece's on your ride.
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
blackswan

Drives: Yes
Guess I am not that original with it then eh? Good thing I am not trying to patent it!
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote