Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
djb525

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS M6 Black
V6 M6 popping out of 2nd grind

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem? For a while now it has been grinding when shifting into 2nd and accelerating every now and then. More recently, just about every day now it does this when downshifting into 2nd. I shift to 2nd, give a little gas, and slowly let off the clutch. It pops out of 2nd and grinds. I can push the clutch all the way back down and it keeps grinding until I either push it back into gear, or into neutral. I have taken the car to the dealership 2 times now for the grinding when accelerating, but they have told me they can't see a problem and think it's normal. The only mods I have are some led lights and a viper system. Should I bring it to the same dealer that is over an hour away from where I live, or take it find a different service center?
Thanks for the input!

djb525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:16 AM   #2
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Don't go back to the dealer who told you this is normal. It's anything but normal.

1) Go to dealerrater.com and look up a good dealer in your area
2) Show that dealer the video and tell them to fix it.

More than likely the syncro pack is shot/defective.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:31 AM   #3
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
my gti did this..the synchros in the box were bad.

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb525 View Post
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem? For a while now it has been grinding when shifting into 2nd and accelerating every now and then. More recently, just about every day now it does this when downshifting into 2nd. I shift to 2nd, give a little gas, and slowly let off the clutch. It pops out of 2nd and grinds. I can push the clutch all the way back down and it keeps grinding until I either push it back into gear, or into neutral. I have taken the car to the dealership 2 times now for the grinding when accelerating, but they have told me they can't see a problem and think it's normal. The only mods I have are some led lights and a viper system. Should I bring it to the same dealer that is over an hour away from where I live, or take it find a different service center?
Thanks for the input!

I apologize for the inconvenience this issue may be causing. The best thing to do is to build rapport with the same dealership that you go to and work with on all of your vehicle services. However, if you feel like they cannot diagnose the issue, you are more than welcome to bring it to a different dealership for a second opinion.

Please let me know how service goes!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote