Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
ManOfTheMinute

Drives: 2012 Ashen Grey L99
Let My Brother Drive The Car...

Went out of town for a week and came back to this little gem on the front left bumper...

Any thoughts on how much it will cost... at some points it definitely goes through the clear coat and the paint...
Attached Images

ManOfTheMinute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
Parag

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS LS3
Repaint of bumper cover, 250-300 with removal. But the little dent will still be there. Dont let them bondo that out. For some reason people like to do that. Can heat it and try to reform it. Also make sure the body shop adds flex into the paint. Ot is required to avoid spider webbing on these flimsy plastic bumpers
Old 06-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to tomlink Send a message via MSN to tomlink Send a message via Yahoo to tomlink Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
I'd find a good repair shop and get it fixed. My brother would never hear about it.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
bcwooten85

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2LS
AWWW SHIT...
Old 06-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: '11 1SS/RS, '13 Cruze
My question is why did you let someone drive your car while you were gone? Mistake #1.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
I'd make him pay for it. Doucher drives your car and scratches it and then doesn't tell you? What a hoser. That being said, no one drives my car of I can avoid it. I'm a bit particular about it lol
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
My question is why did you let someone drive your car while you were gone? Mistake #1.
Exactly.

If he were honest, he'd pay the cost of the repair though, or at least pay half. Having said that you can't be too upset, as whatever happened only happened b/c you allowed it.

This is also why my family and friends can not drive my car. Family is forever and I would always chose family over a car, but it can get really ugly really fast when it comes to cars and family/friends. I won't even sell a car to family/friends. No amount of money could ever replace someone you care about and sadly cars break/ get damaged. Emotions run high, and people always assume ulterior motives when something bad happens.

I've found that letting someone you care about drive your car is never worth the potential joy they might get from it, b/c if they do damage the car the relationship is also damaged.... and it's just not worth losing someone you care about.

2014 SS Performance Sedan - Red Hot 2 - Black Leather. S/R. Full size spare.
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
Mr.Jgunn65

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2/SS
He needs his ass whipped
Mr.Jgunn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #9
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Cost to you? Nothing. He's paying. His responsibility
Old 06-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #10
Candy_Camaro
Amanda

Drives: 2014 1SS BRM
I hope you buried him somewhere far away so they can't pin the murder on you.
Candy_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #11
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster

Drives: Shinier than yours
I had a similar scratch repaired on my bumper, was about $450 if I remember correctly.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #12
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, Audi Q5
Did your bother let you know he did this to the car?
Old 06-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #13
Nick@Adams

Drives: The shiny ones.
I've got a fix to your problem... Heres what you'll need:

(1) Shovel
(1) Roll of tape
(3) Trash bags
(1) Rope - about 10 ft should suffice
(1) Vehicle with a large trunk
(1) Quiet, isolated area in the woods to dig shallow grave
(1) An alibi to explain what you were doing between the hours of midnight and 3am

OH... you mean fix the bumper... yea, nevermind. Forget I said anything.

Nick@Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #14
ParisTNDude

Drives: 2006 Corvette
Gees, it's only a car...a nice car, but still just a car. If you love your family let them enjoy what you have. It only cost money to fix it and your brother may not have known it was damaged. Hopefully, your insurance company will count it as a comprehensive claim and fix it for you at the cost of your deductible. If you don't know how it happened and it didn't happen while being driven, it may have happened in a parking lot by a thoughtless driver who didn't notify you of the incident.

Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...html?r=1"]2010
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #15
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Gees, it's only a car...a nice car, but still just a car. If you love your family let them enjoy what you have.
So that goes if he scratched "Justin Beiber ROOLZ' on the hood with a nail, right? I mean, he's family, come on now.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #16
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Jesus guys... Paris is right. It just car.

And all you preaching "OMG you let someone drive your car AHHHH...". x2 to you. It was his freakin brother. I've let several people drive mine. No big deal, it's just a Camaro... The pedestal people put these cars on in unreal. You do know they stamp these bitches out everyday right? Any ones car can be replaced and duplicated in about 6 weeks.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #17
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
Jesus guys... Paris is right. It just car.

And all you preaching "OMG you let someone drive your car AHHHH...". x2 to you. It was his freakin brother. I've let several people drive mine. No big deal, it's just a Camaro... The pedestal people put these cars on in unreal. You do know they stamp these bitches out everyday right? Any ones car can be replaced and duplicated in about 6 weeks.

I couldnt agree more. Its Just a car, people need to realize that. Accidents happen to the best of us its unavoidable, thats why we pay insurance, plus if anything gets screwed up: MOD TIME.

Ive let my mom drive mine, all my friends, my little sister, my ex girlfriend AND her 16 year old sister the day after she got her license. Some people need to relax and realize its not a lambo
Old 06-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #18
ryan's camaro
Taeng

Drives: Fast
Agreed. Just a car. But at first when I got my 2012 Camaro, and being my FIRST car, I was anal about keeping everything good and clean. It was like everything to me and any damage would be painful. After having it for about a year almost, I've eased a bit on it, acquired some damage here and there. And now, I finally realize and understand that the Camaro is just a car, a really good looking car. It is meant to be driven, and driving will damage it eventually, hopefully in small amounts.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #19
ParisTNDude

Drives: 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
So that goes if he scratched "Justin Beiber ROOLZ' on the hood with a nail, right? I mean, he's family, come on now.
Well, the examples are a little stretched, but I have always been fairly liberal in letting others drive my cars and have never had a problem. I let folks drive my Camaro because I'm proud of it and want the positive feedback I always get. However, I would often say: "You break it, you bought it!". Obviously you have to use some wisdom and discretion in who you let drive. If the brother knows he damaged the car and refused to fix it, then LESSON LEARNED!

My grandson is a good guitarist and I allowed him to play my Taylor 914 (over $3K). When I next picked it up, there was an ugly mar on the front. Guess what, the grandson will never touch my guitar again. However, I bought him a good quality guitar and what he does with that one is his business. That's family love IMO.

Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...html?r=1"]2010
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #20
Bobaloo
Member "O'l Farts"

Drives: 2012 SS Coupe/Automatic/Sunroof
Love your brother? Give him some tough love and make him "Man Up" he pays for the damage....period!
Old 06-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #21
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
I've got a fix to your problem... Heres what you'll need:

(1) Shovel
(1) Roll of tape
(3) Trash bags
(1) Rope - about 10 ft should suffice
(1) Vehicle with a large trunk
(1) Quiet, isolated area in the woods to dig shallow grave
(1) An alibi to explain what you were doing between the hours of midnight and 3am

OH... you mean fix the bumper... yea, nevermind. Forget I said anything.

Dont forget a bag of lime.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #22
Bobaloo
Member "O'l Farts"

Drives: 2012 SS Coupe/Automatic/Sunroof
Man Of The Minute:
Could be that someone hit the car on your brother in a parking lot and just MAYBE he doesn't know about it. I would ask him about it. If the situation was reversed would you fix it or leave it to your brother to pay? There's your answer!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:46 AM   #23
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
Well, the examples are a little stretched, but I have always been fairly liberal in letting others drive my cars and have never had a problem. I let folks drive my Camaro because I'm proud of it and want the positive feedback I always get. However, I would often say: "You break it, you bought it!". Obviously you have to use some wisdom and discretion in who you let drive. If the brother knows he damaged the car and refused to fix it, then LESSON LEARNED!

My grandson is a good guitarist and I allowed him to play my Taylor 914 (over $3K). When I next picked it up, there was an ugly mar on the front. Guess what, the grandson will never touch my guitar again. However, I bought him a good quality guitar and what he does with that one is his business. That's family love IMO.
Good to see another Taylor man who loves Camaros too. T3 and a T5 in in my current arsenal, but REALLY want an 814Ce. I keep buying stuff for my car so my 814 fund keeps stalling. Guess I'll have to take on a few more gigs to support both habits.