Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SMGSS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
dogbytesman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
LCD Rear View Mirror?

Sorry if this is a basic question, but my car didn't come with the camera. I do have Onstar on my rear view mirror....is there any way to tell if my mirror does or doesn't have the LCD in it already? Or is it safe to assume not since I don't have the camera?

Again, sorry if too basic.....I want to get a camera but of course don't want to have to pay for the LCD mirror if I have one already.

Thanks!
Brad
dogbytesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
If you don't already have the camera you don't have an LCD screen built in. Check with 2SSRS (Ofer) as he has a backup camera package for sale. He helped put one in my car and it is awesome.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
dogbytesman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
Thanks! That's what I was thinking.....thanks for the advice. I found Ofer's write-ups and will pursue that.

Thanks!
Brad
dogbytesman is offline   Reply With Quote