Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro5 Fest Discussions > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #26
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Congrats to the winners, BUT I must say whoever Black Ice is should have won(lights controlled by an iPad). I mean honestly if you slap on a bunch of AAC products on a car is it a guaranteed win?

If the winner in cybercamaro's case won, what could he possibly do with a $100 Gift certificate? Buy more AAC's products? He clearly already has it all...

I think a people's choice trophy may be a thought for 1st Place Overall for next year? Nonetheless Congrats to the winners.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #27
cybercamaro
Cybergrey

Drives: Cyber Grey
Send a message via Yahoo to cybercamaro
In my defense the words "slap on" equals about 35 hours of my own labor by myself with it being my first ever lighting install project.
cybercamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #28
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Sweet, congrats to the winners. Next year my Ironman Camaro will be ready for this.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #29
Ls1Tuner_06

Drives: 2001 Camaro z28
I actually spoke to Johnathon and a few others from AAC the night they decided winners. I asked them how they were judging and they said they were looking at everything. Install, light placement. Even flow of the lights and how dim the lighting was compared to other parts of the lighting on the car. They got under and looked all around CyberCamaro's car and said they were really impressed with the install and said the transition from the engine, wheel wells to underneath the side skirts and to the back of the car were all a really nice transition through out the car. not to mention he wired lights to light up the front foot wells also.

Also I would like to say I was around the car as people were walking by and commenting on it and I heard SEVERAL people say that his car had the best lighting and should win the lighting judgement. So if it were a case of a spectators vote I would have to say he most likely would have won.

I think they way they judged was pretty fair. If his car hadn't had the lights installed properly I would doubt they would have gave him the trophy. They looked over the car for a good 10 minutes or so. That's just my opinion.

Hooker LT's / Hooker Y-Pipe / Magnaflow Catback / PCM Tune / SLP Lid / K&N / !Skipshift / Smooth Bellow / 8mm Taylor Wires / NGK TR55's / Sphon STB / UMI PHB / UMI LCA's / Free Mods
Ls1Tuner_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #30
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Congrats to the winners, BUT I must say whoever Black Ice is should have won(lights controlled by an iPad). I mean honestly if you slap on a bunch of AAC products on a car is it a guaranteed win?

If the winner in cybercamaro's case won, what could he possibly do with a $100 Gift certificate? Buy more AAC's products? He clearly already has it all...

I think a people's choice trophy may be a thought for 1st Place Overall for next year? Nonetheless Congrats to the winners.
Congrats to the 3 winners. Black Ice is my car, and me and my 16 year old son did all of the work on it...including designing and building of 6 custom controllers. My son was a little upset with not receiving any type of award. However, our goal is not to win competitions, but to help others in managing and controlling their systems...no matter where they buy them. I was approached by one participant that said that he uses 8 wireless remotes, and every time he leaves his car and comes back, something is changed by someone else in the parking lot with the same remote. Our WiFi system will eliminate that issue, and give people more control. The iPad/iPhone app makes it easy and cool.

I'm not sure how the contest was judged, or what their intentions were, but we were approached by 3 camaro5 vendors to carry the product once it is ready. Unfortunately AAC/Oracle didn't ever seem interested. We also received a lot of thumbs up from several GM people. Maybe next year this could be judged by camaro5 or by some other non-partial group.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #31
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post

I agree.

Congrats to you all none the less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
Congrats to the 3 winners. Black Ice is my car, and me and my 16 year old son did all of the work on it...including designing and building of 6 custom controllers. My son was a little upset with not receiving any type of award. However, our goal is not to win competitions, but to help others in managing and controlling their systems...no matter where they buy them. I was approached by one participant that said that he uses 8 wireless remotes, and every time he leaves his car and comes back, something is changed by someone else in the parking lot with the same remote. Our WiFi system will eliminate that issue, and give people more control. The iPad/iPhone app makes it easy and cool.

I'm not sure how the contest was judged, or what their intentions were, but we were approached by 3 camaro5 vendors to carry the product once it is ready. Unfortunately AAC/Oracle didn't ever seem interested. We also received a lot of thumbs up from several GM people. Maybe next year this could be judged by camaro5 or by some other non-partial group.
Keep doing your thing. It's absolutely amazing and #1 in my, and MANY others books.
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #32
cybercamaro
Cybergrey

Drives: Cyber Grey
Send a message via Yahoo to cybercamaro
527 I really liked and was impressed by your lighting setup. I think you definitely deserved best lighting innovation. You guys did awesome work!
cybercamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #33
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 7,000,000 lbs. of thrust
I've seen "Black Ice" in person and it is a stunning car. You and your son have done a great job on it and you should've won some sort of award.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #34
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '13 Jeep Wrangler 4WD
dude they made a real killing this weekend...best bang for the buck imo

The Few, The Proud, The Aqua Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #35
SSRSin2010

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Victory Red
Thanks AAC I was very surprised and happy with 3rd place!! Its not all done as some of you learned when I chatted with you, i'll keep you posted.

FRONT VIDEO

REAR VIDEO
Old 08-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #36
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Thanks for the kind words SSRSin2010:

"I'm overly impressed with you and the gang of their knowledge and skill!!! Customer service from the AAC group is the best I have ever experienced."

Questions? Call Us! 1(800)407-5776
Become an Advanced Automotive Concepts fan on Facebook! [CLICK HERE]
Check out our YouTube Channel for our latest Camaro Videos! [CLICK HERE]
Jonathan@AACstyle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #37
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRSin2010 View Post
Thanks AAC I was very surprised and happy with 3rd place!! Its not all done as some of you learned when I chatted with you, i'll keep you posted.

FRONT VIDEO

REAR VIDEO
If you have the picture we took Saturday night of me and you can you please send it to me at Jonathan@AACstyle.com?

Thanks!

Questions? Call Us! 1(800)407-5776
Become an Advanced Automotive Concepts fan on Facebook! [CLICK HERE]
Check out our YouTube Channel for our latest Camaro Videos! [CLICK HERE]
Jonathan@AACstyle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #38
KingofBattle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
I had a friend that was spoken to at the hotel friday night and was told he was going to win something, to listen for his name on the speakers at the track. He waited all day, then was told he didnt win because of how his lights displayed. Thing was, someone kept changing his settings and turning his lights off all together with their own controllers. He was a sad guy he didnt get the trophy he was told he was going to get. I felt bad for him. Congrats to the winners... there were a lot of cool displays!