Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
ABB
Transforming BumbleBee

Drives: Bumble-Bee Camaro
Red face How to keep Fog lights from flashing with side indicator lights..

I wired my fog lights with side marker lights, so when the parking light comes one fog lights come on as well.

Funny thing is that i did not realized it till today. Both of the fog lights flashes with right turning signal light. But it does not do so with left turning signal.

could it be the wire harness? Any ideas to keep it from flashing with right turn signal?

It is a LS and i had plastic caps on them before i had them fog lights bought over the ebay. they are just the fogs not drl.
Yes they can be turned on by the switch or they will come on automatically when parking lights come on at night. But at they day time since the fog lights are off, it flashes right turn signal. They do not flash flash when they are on though.

Last edited by ABB; 06-23-2012 at 11:53 PM.
ABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:40 AM   #2
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Try posting in the lighting mod section, you should get answers there.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABB View Post
I wired my fog lights with side marker lights, so when the parking light comes one fog lights come on as well.

Funny thing is that i did not realized it till today. Both of the fog lights flashes with right turning signal light. But it does not do so with left turning signal.

could it be the wire harness? Any ideas to keep it from flashing with right turn signal?

It is a LS and i had plastic caps on them before i had them fog lights bought over the ebay. they are just the fogs not drl.
Yes they can be turned on by the switch or they will come on automatically when parking lights come on at night. But at they day time since the fog lights are off, it flashes right turn signal. They do not flash flash when they are on though.
Sounds like you wired them incorrectly. I have fogs in my LS and they only come on with the side markers. The side markers do not flash with the blinkers. Therefore the fog lights come on with the parking lights since that is the only time the side markers are illuminated. I also think it's a wiring issue because your problem only occurs with the right blinker.

I would take the bumper back off and check the wiring. You can easily tap into the appropriate side marker wiring on each side to ensure your ride isn't blinking like a pirate. Take your multi meter and check the wires, I'm sure you'll find your problem.

'12 Volkswagen Jetta SE
'12 Chevrolet Camaro
'11 Harley Fat Bob
'11 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L
'05 Mercedes E500 W211
'01 BMW 328xi
'89 Chevrolet Suburban
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote