Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
Buckbo
 
Buckbo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wilmington,Delaware
Posts: 428
A/C works, but not very good

When I first got the car the A/C was so cold I kept it on low and mixed it with warm air but the dealer adjusted it after a TSB was issued about ice build up. Now it's just cool and unless the rpm's are above 1200 the air isn't cold at all. When I'm idling in traffic on a hot day I need to keep the accelerator slightly pressed (in neutral) to keep the cold air coming. I've been to two dealers and both just park the car in their shop, out of the sun, check the computer codes, they say the air feels cold to them.
Is there any way to either get the codes (or specs) back that the factory had or get the idle programmed higher when the A/C is on?
Buckbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
dragon22

 
dragon22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,687
Do you have the recirculate button on when using the A/C? I was thinking the same thing about mine (no TSB done). A friend was driving with me and said it would be cooler if I had the recirculate button on. And I knew this too.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS - 6M Silver Ice Metallic

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckbo View Post
When I first got the car the A/C was so cold I kept it on low and mixed it with warm air but the dealer adjusted it after a TSB was issued about ice build up. Now it's just cool and unless the rpm's are above 1200 the air isn't cold at all. When I'm idling in traffic on a hot day I need to keep the accelerator slightly pressed (in neutral) to keep the cold air coming. I've been to two dealers and both just park the car in their shop, out of the sun, check the computer codes, they say the air feels cold to them.
Is there any way to either get the codes (or specs) back that the factory had or get the idle programmed higher when the A/C is on?
I apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you to experience. If you could please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership, I would like to look into this and seeing if there are any options available to you. I look forward to working with you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
wontsellit
 
Drives: IOM
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 239
Well guess what I have the same problem....well almost.
When I bought mine (12,000 vin#) mine worked well.Then the compressor seized and I had it replaced.Well less than a month later same thing happened. Since it was September not much use for a/c.So come next summer I used it and it hasn't put out as well as new and on days 90+ It really isn't worth much.To boot after about 20 minutes it kicks out and blows hot air for about 30 seconds. Then kicks back on and blows cool air out.I have it in the shop now and they called me today and said they couldn't find any problem.Well it's going to be over 100 again tomorrow so I told them to keep it and go for a long ride and tell me what they find. Very frustrating that today's techs will only turn a car on and plug it in to a computer.If it doesn't tell them something's wrong they can't seem to go a little further and trouble shoot a little.
Now I know how to adjust the a/c and I not only explained everything to the service writer but also included in my drop off letter a detailed explanation of the problem.
So before you flame me I think Iwent above and beyond in helping them.I'm now surfing to see if I need to print out a possible solution to this.
wontsellit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontsellit View Post
Well guess what I have the same problem....well almost.
When I bought mine (12,000 vin#) mine worked well.Then the compressor seized and I had it replaced.Well less than a month later same thing happened. Since it was September not much use for a/c.So come next summer I used it and it hasn't put out as well as new and on days 90+ It really isn't worth much.To boot after about 20 minutes it kicks out and blows hot air for about 30 seconds. Then kicks back on and blows cool air out.I have it in the shop now and they called me today and said they couldn't find any problem.Well it's going to be over 100 again tomorrow so I told them to keep it and go for a long ride and tell me what they find. Very frustrating that today's techs will only turn a car on and plug it in to a computer.If it doesn't tell them something's wrong they can't seem to go a little further and trouble shoot a little.
Now I know how to adjust the a/c and I not only explained everything to the service writer but also included in my drop off letter a detailed explanation of the problem.
So before you flame me I think Iwent above and beyond in helping them.I'm now surfing to see if I need to print out a possible solution to this.

I apologize for any inconveniences you are experiencing with this issue. If you could please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership, I will be more than happy to research this issue for you.

I look forward to your correspondence.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #6
lacyraye
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Omak, WA
Posts: 2
AC

I see there have been several posts about AC problems. I thought I would check if anyone has had my exact problem. I have a 2010 ss and just took it for its first long road trip. Temps were in the hundreds and the ac worked very good all day and I only had it set at 1 for the most part with the re circ air on. Into my second day of driving I noticed it was not very cold anymore even when I moved it to 4 and so I turned the air off for a bit and just left the vent running. After a minute or so a bunch of water came running out of my vents even causing water to run into the cd player. Ever since then it would work OK off and on but its really not great if its being used for long periods of time. I took it to the dealer and guess what!!!!! Everything is fine........
lacyraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacyraye View Post
I see there have been several posts about AC problems. I thought I would check if anyone has had my exact problem. I have a 2010 ss and just took it for its first long road trip. Temps were in the hundreds and the ac worked very good all day and I only had it set at 1 for the most part with the re circ air on. Into my second day of driving I noticed it was not very cold anymore even when I moved it to 4 and so I turned the air off for a bit and just left the vent running. After a minute or so a bunch of water came running out of my vents even causing water to run into the cd player. Ever since then it would work OK off and on but its really not great if its being used for long periods of time. I took it to the dealer and guess what!!!!! Everything is fine........

If you would like me to set up a case with GM customer service and contact your dealership for more information regarding this issue, I would appreciate it! I just need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership.

I look forward to working with you!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #8
glc55

 
glc55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS CAMARO
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 913
Brandon
2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS A/C PROBLEMS
VIN: 2G1FK1EJ5A9110182
Have taken my car twice now and the problem keeps coming back. Blows cold air for awhile and then air turns to warm/hot. My dealer is Harbor chevrolet in Long Beach ca.
Name: Greg email cesena4@verizon.net thxs Greg
__________________
glc55 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.