Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
dkg11

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Problems since ive got my car...HELP!

So i have had my car since November of 2009 and i have always had problems with connecting my ipod... its like theres a glitch in the system... sometimes the songs wont load and is very slow, many times it starts to become very staticky and i have to replug it back in... and sometimes it will stop playing all together and say that it is not compatable... its an itouch so its not like its an old ipod... i have brought my car into the dealership at least 5 times and they replaced the connnecting cable from my center consol to the radio and i still have this problem... does anyone else?

Also i only have 22500 miles on my camaro and my brakes sqeek when i am applying light pressure on them... i have brought my brakes in and they replaced all the pads at 13000 miles for free and they started doing it again around 18000... i brought them in and they did not tell me i needed new pads or rotors and they told me they fixed it but they didnt

Is anyone else having these problems?!!!
Custom tune by Bob Morreale www.thetuningschool.com
QTP Electronic Exhaust cut-outs
12'' Alpine type R with 1500watts double ported box
Tinted windows
392RWHP on Mustang Dyno
dkg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
shockandawe

Drives: 2006 LeMans Blue C6 Vette
No such problems with my 2010 SS, try having them update the software for the radio.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
dkg11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
No such problems with my 2010 SS, try having them update the software for the radio.
tried that...and still nothing was fixed
Tinted windows
392RWHP on Mustang Dyno
Old 06-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
bklyn_tap

Drives: 2011 camaro LS
Not sure about ur iPod issue but I have the same issue on my girls car with the brakes. I happened to have it at my friends shop and he said its not the pads that need replacing but it the rotors. I believe he said they need to be resurfaced. I wanna say it would cost a little more than a $100 to fix. He gave me something to apply as a DIY which involves applying then sanding the rotors but i don't remember what it's called. I'm sure if you went into autozone they could tell you what it is if you want to DIY. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful
bklyn_tap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
Sleez

Drives: 2010, 2LT, RS, 6M, ABM (#1893) SOLD
they replaced the PDIM in my car, bit mine wasn't recognizing the ipod at all. the connector is supposed to have a TSB as well, maybe that is your issue? they replaced that in mine first, but didn't help, so they replaced the PDIM and all is well.
Sleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
dkg11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleez View Post
they replaced the PDIM in my car, bit mine wasn't recognizing the ipod at all. the connector is supposed to have a TSB as well, maybe that is your issue? they replaced that in mine first, but didn't help, so they replaced the PDIM and all is well.
To be honest i dont know what they replaced in my car they jus told me they replaced it and it was going to work...
Tinted windows
392RWHP on Mustang Dyno
Old 06-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #7
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
How are you using your Ipod, with or without wire ? Your brakes could be because you are to light with the pedal, and you are glazing the pads.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #8
Globemaster

Drives: 2010 2SS Bumble Bee
Got mine in Nov of 09 brakes squeal now and then but only under lite pressure. IPOD connection works great never a problem..
Globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #9
Globemaster

Drives: 2010 2SS Bumble Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
How are you using your Ipod, with or without wire ? Your brakes could be because you are to light with the pedal, and you are glazing the pads.
You can use it with out wires, Dang it i need to finish reading that manual! Have trouble reading while driving. everytime i get in it i am driving.
Globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
the best part of this is its covered under WARRANTEE! There was a TSB (Technical Service Bullitin) issued (PI0055B) that will address this issue. I have attached the TSB and at the top is the GM P/N that needs to be installed.

The following information was sent to me via:

Scott Settlemire - GM Global Headquarters
Cheryl Pilcher – Camaro Product Manager
Jeff Morris – GM Customer Service.

In the TSB PI0055B, you will find this info:

In the top in the CONDITION/CONCERN section......the 5th bullet, it states "intermittent device operation from one ignition cycle to the next" . This covers it and will solve other issues with the operation of the unit.

NEXT you need to determine the Hardware/Software version you have in your system and how you and the dealer will proceed.

In the next section down, the RECOMMENDATION/INSTRUCTIONS section gives you the inscructions on how to determine the HW/SW version. If your HW version is either a Cx (where the X stands for any of the C versions) or a DA you need to have them REPLACE the entire PDIM unit....hopefully this is where you are at. PRINT OUT THE TSB and take it with you when you go to your dealer.

PI0055B with GM PN#.pdf

There is a thread here that was started in 2009 and is still going....whe I had this same issue, I found the thread and it was 30 pages long, its up to 39 pages now, and still active....I read every page, and did my homework.....even the GM Service Rep was helping and was posting so that all the correct info was put out. I went to my dealer with this TSB, they ordered the part listed on the top of the TSB and my system has performed FLAWLESSLY ever since.

Here is a link to the thread: PDIM Softwear UPDATE

also attached is what your HW/SW window will look like when the proper PDIM is installed.

Name:  DB-DD.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  43.2 KB
Old 06-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkg11 View Post
So i have had my car since November of 2009 and i have always had problems with connecting my ipod... its like theres a glitch in the system... sometimes the songs wont load and is very slow, many times it starts to become very staticky and i have to replug it back in... and sometimes it will stop playing all together and say that it is not compatable... its an itouch so its not like its an old ipod... i have brought my car into the dealership at least 5 times and they replaced the connnecting cable from my center consol to the radio and i still have this problem... does anyone else?

Also i only have 22500 miles on my camaro and my brakes sqeek when i am applying light pressure on them... i have brought my brakes in and they replaced all the pads at 13000 miles for free and they started doing it again around 18000... i brought them in and they did not tell me i needed new pads or rotors and they told me they fixed it but they didnt

Is anyone else having these problems?!!!
I am sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction you are experiencing with your Camaro. If you could please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership, I will be more than happy to research this for you. I look forward to working with you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #12
dkg11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
the best part of this is its covered under WARRANTEE! There was a TSB (Technical Service Bullitin) issued (PI0055B) that will address this issue. I have attached the TSB and at the top is the GM P/N that needs to be installed.

The following information was sent to me via:

Scott Settlemire - GM Global Headquarters
Cheryl Pilcher – Camaro Product Manager
Jeff Morris – GM Customer Service.

In the TSB PI0055B, you will find this info:

In the top in the CONDITION/CONCERN section......the 5th bullet, it states "intermittent device operation from one ignition cycle to the next" . This covers it and will solve other issues with the operation of the unit.

NEXT you need to determine the Hardware/Software version you have in your system and how you and the dealer will proceed.

In the next section down, the RECOMMENDATION/INSTRUCTIONS section gives you the inscructions on how to determine the HW/SW version. If your HW version is either a Cx (where the X stands for any of the C versions) or a DA you need to have them REPLACE the entire PDIM unit....hopefully this is where you are at. PRINT OUT THE TSB and take it with you when you go to your dealer.

Attachment 389886

There is a thread here that was started in 2009 and is still going....whe I had this same issue, I found the thread and it was 30 pages long, its up to 39 pages now, and still active....I read every page, and did my homework.....even the GM Service Rep was helping and was posting so that all the correct info was put out. I went to my dealer with this TSB, they ordered the part listed on the top of the TSB and my system has performed FLAWLESSLY ever since.

Here is a link to the thread: PDIM Softwear UPDATE

also attached is what your HW/SW window will look like when the proper PDIM is installed.

Attachment 389887
Thank you i printed it off and the dealership told me to come in with it... ive been trying to get this fixed for 2 years and finally someone knows what they are talking about!
Tinted windows
392RWHP on Mustang Dyno
Old 06-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #13
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
if you need anymore help, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM, I'll do what I can.