Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
To get Stripes or Wait

Hey guys. So I placed my order for the 2SS camaro, RS package, Sun Roof, Automatic, with Red Jewel Tint Coat, and the 21" Aluminum Wheels with Polished Spokes and Black accents. I am kind of going for a darker look with the dark red color and dark yet shiny rims, and I plan on getting tints later on.

However, I looked at the rally stipe package that is being offered and I am just not sure. The stripes come just short of the mail slot in the front, they seem to be to close together, and stop at the back fin in the back. I have read other threads about there the possibility of GM offering different stipes at an unknown time, in which you can get the Bumble Bee stripes where they are thicker, go past the front mail spot, and around the back fin.

I think these stipes might be more bad ass, what do you guys think? also, ive searched everywhere in these forums, and can not find a picture of a RJTC SS camaro with black stripes. Does anyone have one? or whip one up quickly, and hopefully its a good picture lighting wise ...

any advice would be appreciated cuz i cant decide (ive been trying ot decide for weeks now and just cant)
Rocky918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
If you pre-ordered, then the stripes package was a little cheaper than it is now..Other than that, there is no benefit to waiting in your case..

Bumblebee stripes are going to be offered and will look nicer in my opinion. I might be removing my stripe order and wait as well..
Old 05-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Sorry, to clarify... i did not preorder. I just placed my order this past weekend with a dealer. and i did not include the black stripes yet in the order because I can always just add them (but they would need to know soon before its to late)...

So i am wondering if I should order them now, or wait and see what aftermarket ones are offered being that the longer thicker stripes might look better?
Rocky918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
LosXC451

Drives: 2010 SS SIM w/ RS
There's already after market stripes like that
LosXC451 is offline   Reply With Quote