Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Feel embarassed to go to the dealership

Hey everyone,

Situation is basically that I went to the dealership 2 months ago to get a whole list of things fixed. Everything on my list was fixed except my steering wheel leather -which was peeling pretty damn badly, got the car back it looked fixed.

This week I found out that they did not fix it, but simply slide the leather back into place making it look fixed - basically half ass-ed over looked it.

I want to go back to the dealership to get this fixed, but I honestly feel like doing so would be just be a waste of their time, as that is the vibe that I picked up when I first brought it up. I feel uneasy going there to get this fixed, I feel like if they might think I am abusing my bumper to bumper warranty or might mark me as a problem individual as I have had many a few repairs already - none of which were one bit my fault. I have a feeling that if I go in there for this fix I might be laughed at for making such a big deal out of it and not just fixing it myself etc.

I mean I could fix it myself, but I don't know what kind of glue to use as this is leather in a car wheel on plastic, and I don't want to **** it up and ruin the wheel.

Am I being a ass for going in there to get such a small matter fixed? Or should I just do it myself? Its basically the bottom middle part the small mountain shaped thing that has virtually entirely peeled off and is slowly peeling backwards to unravel more and more:

http://autocar-zone.com/images/2011/...ge-280x280.jpg

There are no other dealerships in the area that I live but this one. Next one is a good hours or more drive. I bought the car elsewhere not from my local dealership.

I have already sent an email to the person I dealt with who helped me, its been 7 days he has not responded to me - I have a feeling he is just ignoring it.

What would you guys do?
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
akonechn

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS
New cars have warranty for a reason. I'd take it in and make sure it gets done right.

2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Black | RS Package | Hurst Short Throw Shifter | Sunroof | Polished Wheels
Pfadt Tri-Y Headers | Solo Mach X Catback | C.A.I. Intake | Vmax | Apex Intake Scoop & Washer Tank | Tuning by Mike Norris
Polished OEM Strut Brace | Black Front Bowtie | C6 Flags Rear Emblem | Black Tail Light Bezels | Window Tint | Stealth Turn Signal Bulbs
Ghosted Black LED Sidemarkers | Plasma LED DRL | DRL Harness | ABL LED Dome Light | LED Trunk & License Plate Lights

akonechn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by akonechn View Post
New cars have warranty for a reason. I'd take it in and make sure it gets done right.
I should mention it is a 2011 and I am the second owner. Does this make a difference?
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote