Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Old 04-27-2014, 06:00 PM   #1
OBXinsidious

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS
High Flow Cats and Tune

Ok I'm currently running the Cold Air Inductions CAI and the SLP Loudmouth II axle back. I also have the apex scoop and WWF bottle relocation kit I still need to install. I was looking at getting the solo performance high flow cats and a trifecta tune. Are high flow cats worth it? What kind of gains am I looking at?? Also debating the VMAX TB?
OBXinsidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
From what I've read on here The Vmax ported tb Doesnt produce massive gains maybe only 5 rwhp and about the same tq. However it seems to help the feeling of the car off the line and is supposed to help that seat of the pants feel and throttle response and would definitely compliment your intake system. Also from what I've read the solo HFC are good for a NA build but people have had trouble with them(ie melting) if your considering going Forced induction. Just giving you a heads up. But the seem like the most quality HFC so far but they'll be fine if your staying NA. Id say conservatively they'd may give you a gain of 8 or so. With all your mods i'd guess your gains if you also included the Vmax tb with your trifecta tune, id say maybe a 20-30 gain. what does everyone else think?
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #3
Rock on

Drives: black 2011 2ss
You will gain about 25 rwh .i was 333with a. Cai only 359 after solo HF cats 380 torque on a l99
Old 04-27-2014, 07:34 PM   #4
crc91

but more importantly you should feel some gains as well. Do you have a auto or manual?
Old 04-27-2014, 07:35 PM   #5
Rock on

Drives: black 2011 2ss
Sorry I didn't notice your RS till after I posted. But I'm sure you'll still have a noticeable gain
Old 04-27-2014, 07:49 PM   #6
crc91

yeah the V8 is a little more mod friendly then the v6 but you should still notice some gains and wether you gain 20 hp or 10 thats still more than you had before! Suspension mods as well as lighter wheels will also help your car feel more athletic rotational mass is always the enemy. Even if you only go to lighter wheels and lose 5 lbs from each corner thats 20 lbs of rotational mass gone and itll feel more like 40 lbs of static(stationary) mass because your engine has to do less work to turn the lighter wheels. Lower and stiffer springs or coilovers will improve the feeling as well. And if you feel the bolt ons arent helping much the 3.91 gear available from LPE or GM will really wake the v6 up off the line (if you have a manual you can use the 3.91 gears if you have an auto you'd have to swap the rear end from a camaro ss to use anything above a 3.55 however even a 3.55 is a big improvement. Anyway sorry for rambling!
Old 04-27-2014, 08:44 PM   #7
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2LT/RS
I got the solo high flows and they are absolutely awesome...
Mods: VMAX Ported Throttle Body, K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Solo High Flow Cats, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Caliper Conversion, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, Custom 2.5"/3" Hybrid Magnaflow Exhaust

Next: Wheels / Tires, or boost.

DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:52 PM   #8
crc91

did you dyno or tune after dsx? any increase in the seat of the pants?
Old 04-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #9
BlackoutLFX

Drives: 2012, Black 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
I got the solo high flows and they are absolutely awesome...
+1
Nytrex 100 hp nitrous triple threat system, NytrexAccu-pressure bottle heater, HP tuners, K&N Typhoon CAI, MACE 6mm MI, Solo Performance high flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust system, BMR subframe connectors, BMR tunnel brace, BMR lowering springs, BMR Xtreme Anti-roll bar rear, Hotchkins Strut brace, SS/LS3 3.45 LSD, Axles, and hubs, Elite Engineering catch can, B&M Supercooler transmission cooler, FTI 3200 Stall.
BlackoutLFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:46 PM   #10
crc91

anyone know the hp picked up from hi flow cats? I may be interested in some as well and ill gut the stocks after removal so ill have something to use when i go ipf
Old 04-28-2014, 02:48 AM   #11
OBXinsidious

It's an auto. Is that 5hp picked up from the TB worth the $150? Definitely going with the HFC and tune. Sounds like the HFC are a must for this engine. I'm not planning on going forced induction. Just trying to squeeze more power out of this LFX. Thanks for the input, I don't mind the rambling haha
So should I stick with trifecta for a tune with my set up or should I go somewhere else?
Old 04-28-2014, 03:38 AM   #12
potterluck
LukeB

Drives: 2013 ZL1
My RS had an Injen CAI, Loudmouth exhaust, VMax ported TB, and a trifecta tune. This really opened the car up. I did not get to the cats before I wrecked it :( so I could not say, although I just went catless and LTH on my ZL1 and made a hell of a difference. I would say go for it.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:40 AM   #13
BlackoutLFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXinsidious View Post
It's an auto. Is that 5hp picked up from the TB worth the $150? Definitely going with the HFC and tune. Sounds like the HFC are a must for this engine. I'm not planning on going forced induction. Just trying to squeeze more power out of this LFX. Thanks for the input, I don't mind the rambling haha
So should I stick with trifecta for a tune with my set up or should I go somewhere else?
I had trifecta, but switched to a tune with hp tuners and never looked back. Personally I would not get a Trifecta tune again now that hp tuners supports the lfx. Alot of guys went Trifecta initially because there wasn't another tune or tuning suite out at the time...
Nytrex 100 hp nitrous triple threat system, NytrexAccu-pressure bottle heater, HP tuners, K&N Typhoon CAI, MACE 6mm MI, Solo Performance high flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust system, BMR subframe connectors, BMR tunnel brace, BMR lowering springs, BMR Xtreme Anti-roll bar rear, Hotchkins Strut brace, SS/LS3 3.45 LSD, Axles, and hubs, Elite Engineering catch can, B&M Supercooler transmission cooler, FTI 3200 Stall.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #14
OBXinsidious

I guess I'll shoot them an email. How much $$$ do their tunes run? Wonder if they offer ghost cam?
Old 04-28-2014, 11:07 AM   #15
BlackoutLFX

Quote:
I guess I'll shoot them an email. How much $$$ do their tunes run? Wonder if they offer ghost cam?
Hp tuners is a tuning suite. Many speed shops use it to tune. Tune price will depend on the tuner you take it to. Personally, I would skip the ghost cam tune.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:47 AM   #16
OBXinsidious

Ok I gotcha. I guess I need to start looking for a shop near by that uses them then. Why would you skip on the ghost cam?
Old 04-29-2014, 08:50 AM   #17
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2LT/RS
The ghost cam gets its loping idle from misfiring the **** out of the engine.

And no I haven't tuned yet. Big power gain with the cats too.
Mods: VMAX Ported Throttle Body, K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Solo High Flow Cats, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Caliper Conversion, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, Custom 2.5"/3" Hybrid Magnaflow Exhaust

Next: Wheels / Tires, or boost.

DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:00 AM   #18
BlackoutLFX

Quote:
Ok I gotcha. I guess I need to start looking for a shop near by that uses them then. Why would you skip on the ghost cam?
I would skip the ghost cam tune because 1. No performance gain. 2. I don't think the Ghost cam tune is good for the engine.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:42 PM   #19
Ventmaster

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS 1LT M6
I usually just look at the LLT forum but accidentally clicked on LFX today and had to reply-

Loved my Solo HFC's! They are a perfect match to your well modded LFX and I strongly recommend them. You won't disappointed by the sound!

I see you've got some experience with Apex Speed- http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335942

Enjoy!
Airaid CAI, Rx ported TB, Mace ported IM, JBA shorty headers, Richmond 3.73, Borla touring axleback, Hurst short throw, NH-SS fix, IDEALG clutch m/c, SS struts/springs, Spohn trailing arms, Pfadt Racing sways, Pedders radius arm & rear subframe bushing inserts, 2LT gauge pkg.TSW Nurburgs. IPF S/C
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:26 AM   #20
Tavo32

Drives: LFX LT/RS
Solo high flow cats and a tune by Matt from Florida Speed and Power. You won't regret it!
Old 04-30-2014, 08:37 AM   #21
19car69

Drives: 2012 1LS
Has anyone running the Solo High flow cats run in to problems with emission testing? I know they are not CARB certified. I have to pass the emission tests for Travis county Texas and want to make sure this won't be a problem.
2012 1LS, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Apex scoop, Apex water bottle relocation, VMax Ported TB, BMR Sway bars, BMR 1.2" drop springs, Koni rear shocks, Elite catch can, Solo Performance V6 Mach X-LFX Cat-Back Exhaust, Hex Vents, 1LE strut tower brace, Barton short throw, separate clutch reservoir, HiTS radio with reverse camera, GM Blade Dovetail spoiler, SS leather wrap steering wheel, Leather shift ball, vented engine cover.
19car69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #22
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS, 04 Turbo Busa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavo32 View Post
Solo high flow cats and a tune by Matt from Florida Speed and Power. You won't regret it!
^^^ What he said +1
CAI intake, RX catch can, NYTREX Nitrous,RX Ported Throttle body, APEX air scoop & washer relocation kit,, BMR diff bushings, cradle bushings, driveshaft loop and tunnel brace, trailing arms, toe arms, Hurst Roll control, Flex-a-lite transmission cooler, SOLO HFCs, M/T 20" D/Rs, FTI 3400 stall converter, JacFab ported intake manifold and upper intake isolator (12/13) Solo cat back Mach X system (2/14), SS diff 3.91 gears (11/2013) Weld RT-S 17x10 & 17x5 (4/2014)
TUNING BY: HP Tuners /MATT@FSP
( 1.63 60' / 12.238@107.62 10/25/2013 )
Refusing to grow older, I just go faster.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote