Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-27-2016, 07:07 PM   #1
ramil13

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
HP and Torque gain with future performance setup

I currently have the below stated performance specs for this car.

I'm thinking of adding Spectre Performance 9909 Air Intake Kit for this car.

Any idea what the possible HP and Torque gains will be with all of these upgrades?

Here is my guess:

- air intake: 20-25+ HP
- trifecta tune: 20+ HP and 20+ Torque
- muffler delete: 10+ HP

Not sure if the magnaflow xpipe will increase any HP or Torque gain.

But I'm thinking after dyno tune and all it will be around 270 whp

Hope I can get some opinions by today so I can see If I should proceed with the order of this intake

Muffler Delete, Straight Pipe Stainless Steel 2.5", Magnaflow Resonated Xpipe #11386, Trifecta Tune + Ghost Cam, Blacked Out
ramil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 07:52 PM   #2
djcolopi

Drives: Inferno Orange Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramil13 View Post
I currently have the below stated performance specs for this car.

I'm thinking of adding Spectre Performance 9909 Air Intake Kit for this car.

Any idea what the possible HP and Torque gains will be with all of these upgrades?

Here is my guess:

- air intake: 20-25+ HP
- trifecta tune: 20+ HP and 20+ Torque
- muffler delete: 10+ HP

Not sure if the magnaflow xpipe will increase any HP or Torque gain.

But I'm thinking after dyno tune and all it will be around 270 whp

Hope I can get some opinions by today so I can see If I should proceed with the order of this intake
Muffler delete will not add any power, it will just improve the sound and drop weight. I assume you already have the trifecta tune; however, if you do not I would advise you to go with either HPtuners and get it tuned over the dyno or get wills overkill tune.

Based off of reviews on this site and proven dyno results the best air intakes for performance are either CAI or Roto-Fab.
Exterior - VIS AMS Carbon Fiber Hood; Flow-Tie; ZL1 Bumper & Rear Diffuser; Style 41 ZL Wheels; RPI Taillight Bezels - Inferno Orange
Interior - Inferno Orange Interior; RPI Door/Dash Trim - Inferno Orange; Rear Seat Delete; Cipher Harness Bar; Corbeau FX1 Pro Seats & 5pt Harness
Instagram - djcolopi_c5
Sponsored by Corbeau
djcolopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 07:53 PM   #3
Kenny Camaro

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
First, are you a manual or auto tranny? After a dyno tune, 270 isn't out of the question, maybe even a little bit more, 275 maybe. The thing is once you do your first mod, whatever it is, cai, high flow downpipes, exhaust, ported intake mani, you get your biggest gain is coming from stock to whatever your first mod is. All mods are listed as gains on a stock setup. And all claim 10-15 hp gain ,except dyno tune wich is usually 20 or so. All the gains are the max improvement across the sweep, not at the max rwhpx, i.e. 16 rwhp gain at 4900 rpms 15 tq at 3900rpms. Once you have a mod in play ,changeing your exhaust will do nothing or very little like 2-3 rwhp if you go to high flow cats. An overwrite tune, like a dyno tune will still give you a good gain , but as far as bolt on mods, you won't gain much. A dyno tune and an E-85 conversion will give you your biggest gains, short of going nitrous or forced induction. Stock rwhp on an automatic is around 250, stock manual is around 260, maybe a couple more on both. Full bolt on auto with E-85 conversion and dyno tune is like 302rwhp. Full bolt on with E-85 conversion and tune is like 316 rwhp. Those are the best numbers I have seen.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:57 PM   #4
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
First, are you a manual or auto tranny? After a dyno tune, 270 isn't out of the question, maybe even a little bit more, 275 maybe. The thing is once you do your first mod, whatever it is, cai, high flow downpipes, exhaust, ported intake mani, you get your biggest gain is coming from stock to whatever your first mod is. All mods are listed as gains on a stock setup. And all claim 10-15 hp gain ,except dyno tune wich is usually 20 or so. All the gains are the max improvement across the sweep, not at the max rwhpx, i.e. 16 rwhp gain at 4900 rpms 15 tq at 3900rpms. Once you have a mod in play ,changeing your exhaust will do nothing or very little like 2-3 rwhp if you go to high flow cats. An overwrite tune, like a dyno tune will still give you a good gain , but as far as bolt on mods, you won't gain much. A dyno tune and an E-85 conversion will give you your biggest gains, short of going nitrous or forced induction. Stock rwhp on an automatic is around 250, stock manual is around 260, maybe a couple more on both. Full bolt on auto with E-85 conversion and dyno tune is like 302rwhp. Full bolt on with E-85 conversion and tune is like 316 rwhp. Those are the best numbers I have seen.
I do not believe E85 is common in Canada; I would advise against the flex fuel setup.
Exterior - VIS AMS Carbon Fiber Hood; Flow-Tie; ZL1 Bumper & Rear Diffuser; Style 41 ZL Wheels; RPI Taillight Bezels - Inferno Orange
Interior - Inferno Orange Interior; RPI Door/Dash Trim - Inferno Orange; Rear Seat Delete; Cipher Harness Bar; Corbeau FX1 Pro Seats & 5pt Harness
Instagram - djcolopi_c5
Sponsored by Corbeau
Old 11-27-2016, 08:02 PM   #5
Kenny Camaro

Yep, if it's not available,you can't do it. Just laying out some options.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:45 PM   #6
djcolopi

Quote:
Yep, if it's not available,you can't do it. Just laying out some options.
Unless he wants to order a drum of E85; however, you might as well just tune for straight up race fuel in that case.

I would recommend either the CAI or Roto-Fab intakes. Then I would also go with the 80mm throttle body from overkill motorsports and a ported intake manifold. Then get tuned over a dyno
Instagram - djcolopi_c5
Sponsored by Corbeau
Old 11-27-2016, 09:03 PM   #7
ramil13

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
Muffler delete will not add any power, it will just improve the sound and drop weight. I assume you already have the trifecta tune; however, if you do not I would advise you to go with either HPtuners and get it tuned over the dyno or get wills overkill tune.

Based off of reviews on this site and proven dyno results the best air intakes for performance are either CAI or Roto-Fab.
Several people told me the intake system I mentioned has the same performance results as CAI

So with trifecta, dyno tuned, and cai (assuming i use this) what would the increased HP be around?

I'm keeping the trifecta tune because the ghost cam option on it sounds unreal.... too amazing

Muffler Delete, Straight Pipe Stainless Steel 2.5", Magnaflow Resonated Xpipe #11386, Trifecta Tune + Ghost Cam, Blacked Out
Old 11-27-2016, 09:09 PM   #8
djcolopi

Quote:
Several people told me the intake system I mentioned has the same performance results as CAI

So with trifecta, dyno tuned, and cai (assuming i use this) what would the increased HP be around?

I'm keeping the trifecta tune because the ghost cam option on it sounds unreal.... too amazing
I have no experience with trifecta. I was tuned over the dyno with HPtuners. If you are an auto, you could expect to be putting down 275rwhp (all depends on the tune).
Instagram - djcolopi_c5
Sponsored by Corbeau
Old 11-27-2016, 09:10 PM   #9
ramil13

Quote:
I have no experience with trifecta. I was tuned over the dyno with HPtuners. If you are an auto, you could expect to be putting down 275rwhp (all depends on the tune).
Thanks a lot, just needed an estimation.. thats all.

Several people said the trifecta tune works well with dyno tune and a new intake.

The intake system should be here this Wednesday, will dyno tune it later in the week and update on my gains.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:37 PM   #10
Kenny Camaro

Quote:
Thanks a lot, just needed an estimation.. thats all.

Several people said the trifecta tune works well with dyno tune and a new intake.

The intake system should be here this Wednesday, will dyno tune it later in the week and update on my gains.
Let us know what the rollers say. I'll say 273.
Vid on ghost tune?
Old 11-27-2016, 10:04 PM   #11
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
If you're looking to go with Trifecta, you should order today. Its on sale... $100 off. Probably not for long.

By the way, Overkill's tune is also on sale (through Monday). $50 off. I picked up one of those yesterday.
Jazzzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 10:26 PM   #12
djcolopi

Quote:
Vid on ghost tune?
Is this a competition now............who gets the closest without going over?
Instagram - djcolopi_c5
Sponsored by Corbeau

Last edited by djcolopi; 11-27-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:32 PM   #13
ramil13

Quote:
Vid on ghost tune?
Will be uploading it soon probably within the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
If you're looking to go with Trifecta, you should order today. Its on sale... $100 off. Probably not for long.

By the way, Overkill's tune is also on sale (through Monday). $50 off. I picked up one of those yesterday.
I already have the trifecta tune

Old 11-27-2016, 10:51 PM   #14
ramil13

Quote:
Is this a competition now............who gets the closest without going over?
Have you ever had problems with your twin turbo? Any overtime issues so far?

Will it overtime damage your engine? Because of all the boost?

I'm asking this because I want to get twin turbo in the future and am wondering how stable it is.