Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Old 02-08-2015, 07:01 PM   #1
mbowen89

Drives: 2015 CRT 2SS/RS 1LE
LFX with MRTv2, remove 2nd cats?

I just read a lot of threads talking about the secondary smaller cats, but I never really found an answer about removing the second cats with an MRTv2 setup.

I know the HP difference if any is negligible, I'm mostly just wondering about the sound.

Would removing the secondary cats make the MRTv2 setup a little louder? Even noticeable? Will it just add rasp?

Is it so negligible that it's not worth the time and fuss?

I currently have the MRTv2, CAI, PTB, V throttle controller and love it, but just wondering what other small things I can do!
mbowen89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:41 PM   #2
SalMonreal

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
My guess it will be a bit louder and add rasp since the secondary cats act more like a resonator...the mrt v2 sounds great by itself..I've heard it with a resonator delete and it just added rasp, didn't really sound good in my opinion..I was running dynomax bullets for a while and it sounded good, then I regret doing a resonator delete, this just added a lot of rasp..I just re-did my exhaust and went with the resonated x-pipe and 2.5" piping to the back..so far I'm satisfied..it has no rasp and sounds deeper..
SalMonreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #3
mbowen89

Drives: 2015 CRT 2SS/RS 1LE
If the negativity of the added rasp is greater than the positive of being louder, I guess I'll just leave it alone.
mbowen89 is online now   Reply With Quote